Linn County Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Heard some radio techs dropping a tone on 154.265, 151.235, and 158.850. After the tone the techs could be heard whistling, saying "test", ect. . .

BTW, did Linn county ever use 158.850?

Tim K.

IowaGuy1603

Heard some radio techs dropping a tone on 154.265, 151.235, and 158.850. After the tone the techs could be heard whistling, saying "test", ect. . .

BTW, did Linn county ever use 158.850?

Tim K.

They are licensed under their KGJ746 call sign and it is licensed as a base station. It is only licensed for the Marion (county home road ) tower and I have it listed in one of my old lists (1999)

I don't think I have heard anything on it...............I am not sure I even have it in any of my radios.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I am able to confirm 158.850 is a operational repeater in Linn County. Input is 154.040 118.8 PL. As far as to usage, I don't have a clue.

Tim K.

IowaGuy1603

Tuesday 8/17 I was in CR-------- I heard the repeater key up and a 2-3 second solid tone followed by unkey then key up with an open carrier for 3-4 seconds. This happened maybe 3 times in 4 minutes...........then went dead.

I was in Waterloo a couple weeks ago and heard voice on the frequency.............it was not local :) ducted maybe!

I couldn't catch were the activity was but it was LEO traffic.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Tuesday 8/17 I was in CR-------- I heard the repeater key up and a 2-3 second solid tone followed by unkey then key up with an open carrier for 3-4 seconds. This happened maybe 3 times in 4 minutes...........then went dead.

I was in Waterloo a couple weeks ago and heard voice on the frequency.............it was not local :) ducted maybe!

I couldn't catch were the activity was but it was LEO traffic.

You could have been hearing Chickasaw County. They are two counties North of Black Hawk.

Tim K.

IowaGuy1603

I didn't know Chickasaw used that freq.....................................

Been going up there for 20+ yrs :) This is the first time I have had that freq in my radio...........

The wife is from New Hampton

timkilbride

Database Admin
I didn't know Chickasaw used that freq.....................................

Been going up there for 20+ yrs :) This is the first time I have had that freq in my radio...........

The wife is from New Hampton

It is their county ops channel/frequency.

Tim K.

Status
Not open for further replies.