• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LIPO battery question (Teltronic HTT-500 / NIROS HDX-6000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik211

Some time ago I purchased two NIROS HDX-6000 (Niros branded version of Teltronic HTT-500). Batteries are dead, and I really just want to bring these radios to live as I'm curious to know how they work (and to see if I can catch any DMO conversations from home). Thus, I actually don't need to run these radios on battery - I have a power supply set to 7,4V output here which I want to use.

Now to my issue. Being LIPO battery radios, the battery connector on the radio has 4 terminals. My guess is +,-, T and signalling of battery status. The radio actually starts when connecting 7,4V to the plus and minus terminals. However after a few seconds the radio says battery pack error, and shuts down. So I wonder how to simulate an OK battery pack? The T-terminal should be fairly easy, just finding the right resistance of the battery's termistor at a safe temperature (maybe a 10k resistor will do the trick). But the fourth terminal is a big question mark to me. Any ideas?

Erik211

Thanks for the reply. I believe the termistor is connected to one terminal and to ground. The 4:th terminal might be the junction as you say - or perhaps gives some sort of signalling.
I'm thinking I could try and add a resistor between the two unknown terminals to see what happens. But if anyone else has a guess on what value these two terminals should give - that would be great information - before I burn something here :eek:

Erik211

Open up a battery and see what's in it.
Thanks for the suggestion. I already did that to one battery and there's a PCB between the cells and the terminals. I attach a photo of it, if that could give a clue. However the PCB is in a really bad shape to say the least. This combined with the fact that there is absolutely no power left in the battery cells has made me fail to understand what the correct output should be...

battery_pcb.jpg

Olssonswe

The radio need two negative one positive
- like this (- - _ + ) pin three is not used.
power source 6-11 volts the radio breaks if it becomes more than 12.0 volts
two 18650 batteries can power the radio around 24 hours I use a transformer for stationary use

the original charger cannot charge batteries if you connect as I connected

Attachments

• Nirostromkabel3.jpg
    Nirostromkabel3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 13

Olssonswe

Another fun thing is no tetra radio has scanning as far as I know (DMO mode ) but this one you can scan "mechanically" by holding down the channel selector

Attachments

• Nirosscan.jpg
    Nirosscan.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 11

Ubbe

I also bought one, there where only like $50 but where to get the programming cable? The seller wanted $100 for one.

It's always a circuit board in a standard lipo battery. It is used for balancing the charge so each cell have equally much charge and voltage and are also for current limit for short circuit protection and to switch off the connection to the lipo's when their voltage have dropped too much, as lipos will be destroyed if they are allowed to discharge too much and drop to a too low voltage.

/Ubbe

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Be careful with LiPo batteries. Any damage can lead to a nice, uncontrollable fire. When I charge mine, I use a balancing charger and they are inside an explosion-resistant, fire proof bag, called LipoGuard. The batteries also need to be charged at a specific rate.

Olssonswe

$ 100 is probably what it costs, there is not much to choose from

okay the radio does not need LiPo it goes just as well with regular Li-ion

at least for reception has not transmit ( TX ) so much

Status
Not open for further replies.