Icom: List of ICOM dualband mobiles that support CI-V control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WX5812

I have an arcom rc-210 repeater controller. It will remotely control a remote base radio. Im curious if there are any older icom rigs that will support this?

There are some kenwoods that will work as well as stated in the manual. Im curious if any of you are running older rigs with your RC-210?

ShawnInPaso

Premium Subscriber
I've used some older rigs on an Arcom controller, but they are not frequency agile. Beyond the possible programming issues for making an older radio conform to the arcom controller specs, the other issue is probably going to be finding the connection points for frequency control of the older rigs.

All that being said, it would be an interesting experiment to give it a whirl. I've made a few frequency agile radios before the newer breed of repeater controllers made it easy for us. I think it's just persistence with a dose of determination thrown in.

Any particular radio your thinking of?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Icom's CI-V control is primarily for their HF radios. However, the IC-910, IC-9100, IC-7000, IC-706, and IC-705 have VHF/UHF capability and have CI-V control.

WX5812

Thank yall for the replies,
I currently use an acc controller with the FC900 to interface the older icom 900/901 band units. I also know doug hall made a device to interface into the older kenwood single and dual bands.
I am just curious if any of the older radios can be made to do that. early to mid 90's icom model radios....Mostly because the cost is relatively low. I just wanted to see if anyone has come up with a configuration for that. Another thing I would like would be to interface a 220mhz radio into it for agility. The only radios I know of are the alinco and TYT radios and they dont look to promising either.

Status
Not open for further replies.