List Of Radio Shack Cell Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

98triton

Everyone seems to have different ideas on which ones can be modified. I was wondering if anyone has a new update listing of all scanners to include Uniden, and a 12A9 date code what was the cut off for cell freqs date. thanks to all that help.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
There has been nothing new to add to the list for several years now so there is no new and updated list.

atwageman

DaveIN said:
Wow cell phone mods. That's like soooo 80's... ;-)

lol soooo 80's. Yeah cell phone hacks, the good ol days. Makes me wanna crank up my pro-2006's and 2005's. Hell I even have autographed copies of the scanner books Bill Cheek wrote. I miss that guy, he passed away a few years back from cancer. Bill was the shiz back in the day, and as far as I'm concerned still is in many ways.

mciupa

Last edited:

drouse3

cell mods

The cut off date is 4/1994, anything after this date will be hard since the chip should not have the freqs in it.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
bassmkenk2508 said:
the only use for cell band mods now would be if a call goes analog... other than that, not much use from what i understand.

And even then not after '08 when all cell carriers will cease to support analog voice and data. It will ALL be 100% digital.

bassmkenk2508

scanner_freak said:
And even then not after '08 when all cell carriers will cease to support analog voice and data. It will ALL be 100% digital.
hmmm interesting news to me :)

well, I guess there is a nice, warm, tingly feeling you get thru your body when you see that you are able to scan the cell bands.... lol :D

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
374173.JPG

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Grog said:
Weird!

So gone will be the days of buying that *extended* frequency scanner from the overseas market. Hope that "Newt" doesn't run for Pres. or we may time warp to 1984 again and ban scanners altogether. He was the cause of all this trouble to begin with. ;-)

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Damn does this mean I need to sell my "Cell unblocked PCR-100" now before 2008? :D

jeffrey420

Cell ban

DaveIN said:
Weird!

So gone will be the days of buying that *extended* frequency scanner from the overseas market. Hope that "Newt" doesn't run for Pres. or we may time warp to 1984 again and ban scanners altogether. He was the cause of all this trouble to begin with. ;-)

I thought it was Billy Bob Clinton who banned cell freqs from scanners? Scanners manufactured before 1994 could be modified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.