List of SW broadcasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

denrodg

Doesn't play well with others
Banned
Thank you to all of you in this discussion!!!! I found a great SWL log program https://sourceforge.net/projects/kb6ibbswllogger/ and as far as I can tell it's free, with the exception of maybe requesting donations, and then EIBI, which I had never heard of before. I love using my shortwave with my computer, but, until I put up a decent longwire antenna and have it connected to coax and a ground rod, I would always get horrible RF from the computer. Now that that problem is resolved for me, I have been on the lookout for a good logging program that was free or not ridiculously priced, and thanks to searching for EIBI I came across that as well, anyway, thanks so much guys!

K4EET

Chaplain
Thanks Mike for the additional links! There is sooooooo much I don't know in the SWL world but I am really starting to get deeply involved...

73, Dave K4EET

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you take a look you'll see he's redoing his site - I'm assuming here - and we all know what that means - that he's either taking a different approach or has found someone to help him

Mike

GB46

Tried EiBi again. Now I know what the problem is. It isn't that the schedule won't load. It's that their website simply doesn't come up. And then you Google it, and get a page that looks suspiciously like a page that tries to trick you into loading unwanted streaming software with all the big green "DOWNLOAD HERE" buttons.
I had a similar problem a few years ago with Google search results. They'd be intercepted, and I'd get redirected to fake sites. It pretty much stopped when Google's URL was switched over to the more secure HTTPS prefix instead of HTTP.

I just tried Googling EIBI and followed the link to the site in the results with no problem.There are no green download buttons on the site, just download links, so you may have been misdirected to either a fake site, or at least a site that has fake links for downloading the EIBI schedules.

Have you tried bypassing Google altogether and going directly to the EIBI site by simply typing http://eibispace.de into the URL bar? Make sure to clear your cache and cookies beforehand. Also, EIBI doesn't require JavaScript, so if you still run into the same problem, you might want to temporarily disable JS.

w2xq

Mentor
If you take a look you'll see he's redoing his site - I'm assuming here - and we all know what that means - that he's either taking a different approach or has found someone to help him

Mike

Yea, I did look... looks like links to stations and other shortwave sites at the moment. If Dan is doing something different than schedules, apparently he hasn't yet said.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yea, I did look... looks like links to stations and other shortwave sites at the moment. If Dan is doing something different than schedules, apparently he hasn't yet said.

And there are links to station skeds there too - go to the right if you are using a real small screen

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.