Listed freq.'s won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3hjb

Hi, I'm Harry in Kirkland Lake,Ontario. I recently purchased a GRE500.The primary freq. on RR shows 142.3500 as the primary but all I get is an electronic squeal or static. I got 142.7700 to work nothing else.
Also I can't find the ambulance freq. for this area. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 73

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Perhaps posting in the correct forum and someone might be able to help u.

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Hi, I'm Harry in Kirkland Lake,Ontario. I recently purchased a GRE500.The primary freq. on RR shows 142.3500 as the primary but all I get is an electronic squeal or static. I got 142.7700 to work nothing else.
Also I can't find the ambulance freq. for this area. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. 73

BC_Scan

this question belongs in the Eastern Canada forum,
what it sounds like is that you have only two freqs in the radio and have not set it up for trunking , have you looked closely at the sticky at the top of the eastern canada forum listing how to set up trunking ?
what you are trying to hear is all intrunking mode, not conventional
Ambulance is not necessarily on a freq as they are part of Bell fleetnet syystem , hence trunking, you will have to set up multiple towers for zone 3 within your listening range. refer to wiki here for how to.

Status
Not open for further replies.