Listen As A Kid Directs Air Traffic At JFK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feed Provider
I hope they dont can the controller. I have never heard this happening before so maybe the first is the last.

reconrider8

really does it matter as long as the kid makes teh right calls lol... bet that made his world right there get to work with his dad i suppose

poppafred

I can almost guarantee that dad was holding the kid in his lap, telling him what to say and keying the radio.

The way everyone in the media is acting, you would think all the controllers abandoned the cab and let the kid run things on JFK. And where was the cab supervisor?

I think CNN and the FAA bureaucrats are over reacting (as usual).

DPD1

It's probably not the smartest thing the guy could have done, but he's obviously just repeating what he told him to say. I just hope it wasn't a scanner person that recorded this and turned it in... We really don't need more snitching associated with the hobby.

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

DPD1 said:
It's probably not the smartest thing the guy could have done, but he's obviously just repeating what he told him to say. I just hope it wasn't a scanner person that recorded this and turned it in... We really don't need more snitching associated with the hobby.

It's from liveatc.net

MadSpleen85

Saw this on the local Kansas City news last night, although they only played maybe 5 seconds of audio. Anyone know how old this kid is or how long he was the voice pilots were hearing?

With all the shortages for controllers, child labor might be the way to go. Kidding of course.

SCPD

QRT
Late night routine

Well, they obviously knew it was a kid and didn't seem to mind...

I gotta wonder if this isn't the first time some of the pilots in that audio clip have been involved in a "Bring your kid to work" situation like this.

after heraing the tape,,the pilots were a-o-k,,the kids seemed coached,
agreed,like pop and some other ATC Staff were right there,,

seriously,,its departure,,not rocket science,,

back in the old days,,talikng early 80s for me(7,8yo),,my pop would let me drive his truck
around local dept store parking lot on a sunday here n there,,store was closed,,
me in the drivers seat,in a bradlees parking lot in boston,cruisin around..

now days,,pop would get at a min,ticketed severly,maybe child serv. called and a courtdate
would soon follow..

to most,,not a big deal,,,
to the media,,a great chance to focus america's
attention away from the multiple wars,dollar dropping
eonomy spiralling downward and unemployment
growing like mold in a basement...

america used to rock,,
over time soft bellied panzies
have castrated us,,turning us
into a bunch of whining ninnies..

Long Live the Republic...

Last edited:

DPD1

I gotta wonder if this isn't the first time some of the pilots in that audio clip have been involved in a "Bring your kid to work" situation like this.

Probably not... Which means the difference is made by it being recorded, which is my concern. Every time stuff like this happens, it's just ticking somebody off at the top somewhere, and they're sitting there wondering if there's a way they can stop people from listening. Same thing with the CNN USCG deal... Same thing with numerous incidents like this.

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Probably not... Which means the difference is made by it being recorded, which is my concern. Every time stuff like this happens, it's just ticking somebody off at the top somewhere, and they're sitting there wondering if there's a way they can stop people from listening. Same thing with the CNN USCG deal... Same thing with numerous incidents like this.

It's a shame that the news media is making such a big deal about this whole thing. I have listened to this controller before and he seems very good at what he does. Unlike the Coast Guard incident this won't lead to the encrypting of atc frequencies.

acepilot340

As a pilot I see no problem here, the kid was obviously repeating what his dad told him to say and there was no risk involved. Also this was clearly not a busy time at JFK, ATC's are smart and know how to treat every situation. This situation is being blown way out of proportion just like the pilots who overshot Minneapolis.

Status
Not open for further replies.