listen to a portable scanner through car speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ky396t

i have a 396t and want to hook it up to my aftermarket car stero so i can listen through my car speakers. have a aux input and bought a splitter so i could listen to my mp3 and scanner at the same time but dose'nt work how can i do this? is it possible?

i have a 396t and want to hook it up to my aftermarket car stereo so i can listen through my car speakers. have a aux input and bought a splitter so i could listen to my mp3 and scanner at the same time but doesn't work how can i do this? is it possible?

I use this adapter, http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102691 and use Mono cables to connect the scanners. I hear My Pro-137 on the Left side and My BCD396XT on the Right side.

Last edited:

Ky396t

Geeze idk why i did'nt think of that, makes sense now to use a mono adapter. will be picking one up soon thanks for your help

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
I've found that using an FM transmitter really kills the audio quality with it's own interference sometimes. The mono jack is really a great idea, though.I listen through the aux cable and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.