Listen to Indy 500

Bottlecapr

Is there an easy way to program race frequencies for the 2023 Indy 500 in my SDS100. Anyone have, like an already made file to load onto it or do I have to manually enter each car? Sorry for silly questions, I’m just learning this stuff😜

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Is there an easy way to program race frequencies for the 2023 Indy 500 in my SDS100. Anyone have, like an already made file to load onto it or do I have to manually enter each car? Sorry for silly questions, I’m just learning this stuff😜
Some of the software programs, such as ProScan (and possibly ARC536, but I do not have that software for comparison) allow you to copy the data from a webpage, then paste it into a Favorites list. For ProScan, when you "paste", you'll get a view of what is on the Windows clipboard, and you can then specify which column goes where, or is ignored.
Example: (copied Dallas PD conventional channels to the clipboard, then used 'Get Clipboard in ProScan)
1684960229301.png

If your list is from a text file, or a spreadsheet (or a *.csv file) you should be able to do that. You would need to insert a blank column between channel name & frequency (the "blank" column basically ignores the Avoid column).
1684961042271.png

In this example, I used the shorter Alpha Tag column. But, in Sentinel, you could just as easily use the longer Description, as long as you line the columns up like they are in Sentinel,

New conventional system & department in Sentinel, & a blank channel

1684961086820.png

Source spreadheet,, select these columns
1684961135631.png
Pasted into Sentinel

1684961339789.png

When pasting, you might get a 'heads up warning' about pasting into the Avoid column, but in this example I just ignored that.

Someone else may have a different take on how to do this.

cubn

Database Admin
You can paste in the Butel Arc software as well.

I used to use Excel to format my data and then paste it into Butel, but now I use Google Sheets first.