Listen to Scanner Via Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how i can set something up where i can listen to my scanner via a bluetooth headset? Possible bluetooth reciever? I drive a truck and it's pretty loud inside the cab. I tried using headphones but i cant reach where i have to set my scanner. Thanks

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Scanner/bluetooth

I have a similar bluetooth transmitter that I use with my scanners and older computer and it works well. I have complete coverage through a 1500 square foot house.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
How about using a micro FM transmitter and listen over the truck's stereo?

Otherwise, search for bluetooth adapters for cellphones without that capability built-in (as mentioned above).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

How about using a micro FM transmitter and listen over the truck's stereo?

Otherwise, search for bluetooth adapters for cellphones without that capability built-in (as mentioned above).

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

+1, this works well if you have an older or basic stereo with no aux-in or bluetooth. But moving around the country you will be constantly looking for a vacant frequency. I use one of these with my old pickup, which doesn't usually get more than 30 miles from home. Going to pick up a Buck converter and jury-rig it to the xmitter so I can quit swapping batteries.

wtp

what was meant

The truck is a 2005 peterbilt. Basic stereo system (am/fm/weather). No bluetooth

he means an FM transmitter. my girlfriend has one and it is great, you set it to an unused fm channel and use the radio
also some states have laws about cdl drivers using headphones.

ecbooe

You can use a Bluetooth transmitter like the viflykoo and blue tooth ear buds.

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
davidjacobs2012 - In most States its illegal to use a Full Headset, A Single Earbud is allowed but NOT Recommended, instead try this , Uniden and HAM radio supply stores have a External Speaker that plugs into a Standard Headphone jack you can place it closer to your seat if you like.
Just be aware in some States its illegal for Truckers or anyone Driving a Vehicle to operate a Scanner.
Please check with LOCAL laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.