Listen to the SC DNR

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to listen to the SC DNR? If so, how do I program it in the PRO-106 scanner?

LarrySC

You can download the data from this websited database directly into your scanner or you can hand program if you dont have software. They go in the CONVentional sector. Larry

iNickster

Premium Subscriber
I use the Win500 scanner software, and put the freq in the CONV category, After doing that I am still not picking anything up. I want to make sure I have the right freq. Can you tell me where I can find it? I do not have a log in for this website.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin

scanfan447

sc.dnr.

I live in myrtle beach and am using a pro-96.About 2 months ago i stopped recieving all dnr and forestry ! I thought maybe they went to narrow band? Don`t think the 96 will do narrow band.Any of you guys use a pro-96? thanks in advance.

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Here in Edgefield county, all the VHF channels I can receive are digital and I have yet to get voice communications from them in my 996. I haven't found a forum yet that can instruct me on programming simplex digital in my scanner without it reverting to trunk mode. I've even tried putting the frequencies in as trunked and that didn't work, either. :confused:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Here in Edgefield county, all the VHF channels I can receive are digital and I have yet to get voice communications from them in my 996. I haven't found a forum yet that can instruct me on programming simplex digital in my scanner without it reverting to trunk mode. I've even tried putting the frequencies in as trunked and that didn't work, either. :confused:

Which specific VHF frequencies in Edgefield Co. are digital?

And what model scanner are you using?

Edit: I see now on re-reading that you have a BC-996T. sorry I can't help you there. But I'm still interested to know which VHF freqs are digital. They could be non-P25 channels, like NXDN or MotoTRBO, which no scanner can currently decode. But the FCC license emission designation should indicate that.

Last edited:

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Hi Brian,
The frequencies are: 151.160, 151.295, 151.325 and 151.415. They are active in my area and they now all sound like motorboats when I receive them.
Barry

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
Certainly all of those are DNR frequencies, and there have been reports of P25 usage on DNR frequencies in the past year or more. I can tell you that I still hear plenty of analog transmissions on the DNR frequencies that I listen to in the Upstate, including Spartanburg and Caesars Head. I have each of those programmed into the scanners at P25 channels and haven't heard much at all in that mode, but maybe I've just missed it. Maybe others can chime in on what they've heard.

A digital scanner should allow you to listen to those channels assuming they're not encrypted - if they are encrypted, that might be why I'm not hearing them.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

If they sound like motorboats, that sounds like MotoTrbo. Do a Google search on "MotoTrbo audio sample". If you can find one, take a listen and determine if that's what you hear. If it isn't, try "digital audio samples" and determine which one does fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.