Listener count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oly8ball

I broadcast Ottawa Co. police and fire in MI (http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=10356) and last night around 20:00 my listeners hit 82. Now I was not listening at the time but pretty sure there was not a incident going on at that time\ Was there a glitch in the listener count yesterday with RR? If not then I guess people must have thought something was going on that wasnt.

talkpair

I'm no expert on smartphone apps, but I think there might be feature in certain apps that notify the smartphone owner once a selected feed's listener count exceeds a pre determined number.

This type of feature could cause a chain reaction of people connecting to your feed even if nothing is going on, since the app is merely looking at the numbers, and the smartphone owners then follow.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Did you pull up your feed archive for the hour or so preceding/following that and listen to it? I've seen surges like that in my mostly-rural county feed's stats (after not hearing a single siren all night long) and discovered fires, pursuits and other incidents that I otherwise wouldn't have known about until the next evening's news... if I even happened to turn that on.
I broadcast Ottawa Co. police and fire in MI (Ottawa County Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed) and last night around 20:00 my listeners hit 82. Now I was not listening at the time but pretty sure there was not a incident going on at that time\ Was there a glitch in the listener count yesterday with RR? If not then I guess people must have thought something was going on that wasnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.