Listener Poll: Prefer a Mono or Stereo Feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reedo

Premium Subscriber
As a listener of any given feed, do you prefer a stereo feed, for example, providing police on one channel and fire on the other OR do you like to hear the audio from one scanner with a mono feed?

n5ims

It's generally best to provide a mono feed when possible (in my opinion at least) since this would cover the widest listener base. While listening using a desktop, the L and R speakers are seperated widely enough it's pretty easy to isolate the audio from the two feeds, smaller devices may make this difficult. It's also difficult to isolate them if a listener has hearing problems. If you do provide your feed in stereo (with both channels feeding seperate signals) please note this on your feed description so folks won't be caught off guard when they hear two transmissions going at once.

longreach

Feed Provider
Hi all, Given i listen to my feed most of the time on my Mobile(cell) phone its too hard listening to a stereo feed on mine. i only stream 5 possibly 6 services on my stream and you can pretty much keep track with whats going on with that.
there are times though that a stereo feed would possibly be handy but given how often that service is active its not worth the hassle to me.
cheers all
Matt

SCPD

QRT
It's generally best to provide a mono feed when possible (in my opinion at least) since this would cover the widest listener base. While listening using a desktop, the L and R speakers are seperated widely enough it's pretty easy to isolate the audio from the two feeds, smaller devices may make this difficult. It's also difficult to isolate them if a listener has hearing problems. If you do provide your feed in stereo (with both channels feeding seperate signals) please note this on your feed description so folks won't be caught off guard when they hear two transmissions going at once.

I agree. I've done a Stereo feed and they can be difficult and sound like garbage if not worked right. I had considered running a stereo mix on my feed till I purchased this nice 7.1 USB card. I think two separate feeds make it easier on the listener as well as the feed provider.

04Z1V6

I like stereo feeds this enables me to shut down one side or the other if I don't want to listen to it. I do listen with a pair of head phones. My feed is stereo

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Unless there is a media player that can display separate alpha tags for each channel and provide good control over a stereo feed, I'd rather see them as MONO feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.