listening from hamilton ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamiltonfd221

hello to all u hoosiers i have two questions one is idk what happened but i used to pick up dearborn county dispatch but i cant any more and y cant i get franklin county when i live 25 miles from there any one that can help thanks let me remind u im listening with a pro 96

frankcastle

Looking at the database, it seems as though both counties you mentioned are on the SAFE-T network. is that what you picked them up on previously? Is it possible that they recently switched, and now you don't hear them?

jamesa53

Unless you have an outside antenna, its tough to get a SAFE-T tower more than 5 miles away in my experience.

GTO_04

Either those counties have rebanded or the last time you listened to them they were on VHF Hi where the range is much, much longer.

GTO_04

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
Dearborn County and Franklin County both use their VHF freqs and are also on SAFE-T - I'm in Harrison, Ohio and hear the both fine on VHF and SAFE-T

hamiltonfd221

hmmmmmmmmm ok u live n harison oh and i live n hamilton ohio and yourg etting every thing fine but im getting nothing and i dont understand why

kc8gjh

Premium Subscriber
I dont know how good you will hear SAFE-T in Hamilton but in my car I can sometimes (not that great of signal) get the St. Leon and Brookville tower when I am in Hamilton. As far as Dearborn and Franklin County VHF, I can hear both with no problem in the car in Hamilton. Franklin County Sheriff uses SAFE-T more than VHF but their FD/EMS still seem more active on VHF. Dearborn County uses SAFE-T full time for both PD and FD and simulcast on their VHF frequencies. I really dont have an answer to why you are not picking up the VHF from either county but as far as picking up SAFE-T from Hamilton there is a good possibilty that you are just not able to pick up the signal from your location and may need a outdoor beam to receieve the signal. Hamilton is 20+ miles from the nearest SAFE-T tower.
I would go into the DB and program the control channels from both the St. Leon and Brookville tower and see if you get anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.