Listening on Windows Mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandenburg

I'm a Premium member and I'm trying to get my HTC Windows Mobile phone to stream the Windows Media audio (or any of the streams, for that matter).

When I click on the Windows Media link, I get a "Cannot play the file. The file is either corrupted or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play."...........that's just a nice way to say it doesn't work :)

Anyone know how to get this to work on Windows Mobile?

Also, as a side note, logging in via Windows Mobile is tough too as the login button at the top of the webpage isn't visible. I had to jump through some hoops to get myself logged in.

Brandenburg

Why do you think Windows Mobile Media Player won't play the stream? I think it does indeed play other .asx files elsewhere....but I'm not 100% certain.

I'm using Opera as the browser right now and it's great, but I can definately experiment with something else. I'll try GSPlayer first though :) thanks

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I'm soooo glad I just have a simple little tdma cell.:lol:
n9zas

Astrak

Why do you think Windows Mobile Media Player won't play the stream? I think it does indeed play other .asx files elsewhere....but I'm not 100% certain.

I'm using Opera as the browser right now and it's great, but I can definately experiment with something else. I'll try GSPlayer first though :) thanks

You can try unlocking your phone and flashing a newer 6.5 ROM from either XDA developers or PPCgeeks depending on who is your carrier XDA is GSM and PPCgeeks is CDMA. I would try on my diamond, but according to Smartphone Tracker I left it at a grocery store last night.

scantopeka

I use an audio player called TCPMP (Free Download) and when I am on the RR website on my phone I select the play in Winamp option. The file should open in TCPMP and it supports the audio tags in a lot of feeds although it's not very fast. I also save a copy of the file it downloads and rename it to the name of the feed and I have links to all my favorite feeds right on my phone.

scantopeka

Did you listen to the feed from a link on the regular site or the mobile site?

m.radioreference.com

Justin

Sorry for the delay in answering, I have found this only works using the regular site. I use Opera Mobile on an HTC Touch Pro, but I believe you can also use Internet Explorer to access the regular site. The maps will not work but everything else works, once you get to the feed you are looking for use the listen in Winamp menu selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.