Listening posts updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

I'M LISTENING TO YOU :~)
Premium Subscriber
Well, I've thinned out the stable of radios and finally finished updating my listening posts. Here are a few pics from the scanner side of things. Will have pictures of the amateur radio side of things tomorrow to post.

My "stack" from bottom to top...BCT15X, BCD996XT, BCD536HP and a PSR-800.....

BCD396XT and a PSR-500.....

Another BCD396XT and my Home Patrol 1 (with "custom" face).....

A wide angle shot of all scanners.....

:) :)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Premium Subscriber
Cool
Looks like there used to be a Yaesu Ft-7800 on the wall
kb0vwg
wqoi992
FT-7900 actually. I snap it in place when I'm at the scanner desk. That's why I left the bracket there. Otherwise, it's on the amateur radio desk. I'll have those pictures tomorrow.

:)

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Premium Subscriber
And now for the ham radio pictures.....as promised.

Here's my "workhorse' radios, a TYT TH-9000 (the 220MHz model) and a Yaesu FT-7900 dual bander. As I mentioned above, the 7900 also gets used at the scanner desk, thanks to the remote head. Also pictured is my little shortwave receiver.....

My handhelds, from left to right; UV-5RC (w/220MHz), KG-UV6D , UV-3R, UV-3R(cammo), KG-UVD1P and a UV-5R.....

Wide angle shot.....

:) :)

Last edited:

BillMcE

Premium Subscriber
Great stuff! I'm curious about the Home Patrol "custom" face. You took it off yourself & painted it black?

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Premium Subscriber
Nice set ups! What kind of base are the portable scanners sitting in ? Is it something you built.
Yes, it's homemade. Took a piece of aluminum siding, bent it into an "L" shape, and nailed the base to a piece of 2x4, then bent it back to about a 45 degree angle. Covered the 2x4 with black duct tape.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Premium Subscriber
Great stuff! I'm curious about the Home Patrol "custom" face. You took it off yourself & painted it black?
Yes I did. Got the idea from another RR member who did the same thing. Thought it looked pretty cool that way, so I gave it a try. Very pleased with how it looks.

Nozzleman71

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it's homemade. Took a piece of aluminum siding, bent it into an "L" shape, and nailed the base to a piece of 2x4, then bent it back to about a 45 degree angle. Covered the 2x4 with black duct tape.

Ok I see that but what are the hand held Scanners sitting in ? Is it also siding ? TIA

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Premium Subscriber
Ok I see that but what are the hand held Scanners sitting in ? Is it also siding ? TIA
Ahhhh, misread your post. My bad.

Basically, they're homemade scanner stands/holders. I bought them off of eBay. They gentleman who makes them also sold them here in the classifieds from time to time. He made them for Uniden scanners in the 396T/XT mold or Pro-106 / PSR-500. PSR-800 also fits in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.