Listening-Style Poll

How do YOU Scan UCAN?

• I'm just interested in mapping the system.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly finding out about the system.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Half-and-half.

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Mostly listening to communications.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • I'm just interested in hearing what's going on.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

qlajlu

Silent Key
Who is interested in finding new talk groups and who is interested in hearing what those talk groups are saying?
I can tell you right now that this board, at least those of us who hang around and/or post a lot, are pretty well split down the middle - well, maybe not so much. It leans heavily towards finding new frequencies, systems, and unknown TGs and trying to identify who they are. I prefer to listen, but I have spent time locked on to an unknown TG (or six) trying to identify the agency(ies).

When you have time you will have to travel back in time and read posts from a year ago or so. We even have a "Sticky" at the top of this forum that lays down the protocol of how to handle new TGs that was written by all of us putting in our thoughts and then agreeing on the finished draft.

We have a lot of "members" that go to the trouble of registering here then asking for help with their scanners because they are newbies and don't yet understand a lot of things. Once we help them get up and running they disappear maybe popping in for further help or information but usually not. They are happy with just the tip of the iceberg. It seems those who hang here are the "investigators" and they keep the information flowing to the Db. Without them, NO ONE would have much to listen to.

Last edited:

Utah_Viper

I mostly listen, guess thats why im one of the "breaking news" guys here. I do find it invaluable though the work the others do here, and try to shed some thoughts about anything that I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.