Listening to AFRRCS on a BCD 436HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Could someone point me to how to program my scanner to hear these sites? I'm located in Edmonton using a Uniden BCD436HP

Make sure your Sentinel software is up to date and the latest database is downloaded from Uniden, and the system will be in your Full Database on the scanner.

gqtrebor

Make sure your Sentinel software is up to date and the latest database is downloaded from Uniden, and the system will be in your Full Database on the scanner.

That's what I thought.

Thanks for the reply. im still not hearing anything though.....

SCPD

QRT
Also ensure you have ID search enabled on the system to catch the talkgroups not already logged.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I think if you want to set ID search, you need to have it in a favorites list. No?

(I don't know because I don't use the full DB for my trunk systems, particularly AFRRCS)

Traffic tends to be kind of sparse on the system even now, it's still kind of early days for a lot of the province. gqtrebor, do you see the signal bars in the upper right corner coming on when the system is being scanned and/or the sites show up on the middle part of the 436's screen?

DX-300

I think if you want to set ID search, you need to have it in a favorites list. No?

Yes, Jay is right, if you want the ability to ID search on the 436HP you must first load the system(s) into a/create a new "Favorites List" and the easiest way to do that is to "add current dB Channels" once you press on "New Favorites List" and follow the prompts.

Then later when you press the side menu key at the top there will be a heading "Set Scan Selection" you can press E/Yes on that and choose to turn the Full Database off so that it is avoided during scanning.

Here are some instructions to help you out on the 436HP :)...

For making a Favorites List:

Side Menu Button--->Manage Favorites---> Press E/yes--->New Favorites List--->
Press E/yes--->Add Current dB Channels

*Also remember make sure that under "Select Service Types" all your desired agencies are on ;)

Toggle ID Scan or ID Search:

While scanning a/each Trunked System, press Func then E/yes key

******Note: ID Search is not available with the Full Database.

Happy Scanning! :)

Last edited:

gqtrebor

Yes, Jay is right, if you want the ability to ID search on the 436HP you must first load the system(s) into a/create a new "Favorites List" and the easiest way to do that is to "add current dB Channels" once you press on "New Favorites List" and follow the prompts.

Then later when you press the side menu key at the top there will be a heading "Set Scan Selection" you can press E/Yes on that and choose to turn the Full Database off so that it is avoided during scanning.

Here are some instructions to help you out on the 436HP :)...

For making a Favorites List:

Side Menu Button--->Manage Favorites---> Press E/yes--->New Favorites List--->
Press E/yes--->Add Current dB Channels

*Also remember make sure that under "Select Service Types" all your desired agencies are on ;)

Toggle ID Scan or ID Search:

While scanning a/each Trunked System, press Func then E/yes key

******Note: ID Search is not available with the Full Database.

Happy Scanning! :)

Question, once i toggle ID on for a trunk system, does it always default on?

gqtrebor

(I don't know because I don't use the full DB for my trunk systems, particularly AFRRCS)

Traffic tends to be kind of sparse on the system even now, it's still kind of early days for a lot of the province. gqtrebor, do you see the signal bars in the upper right corner coming on when the system is being scanned and/or the sites show up on the middle part of the 436's screen?

I do not see any single bars at all what does that mean?

gqtrebor

I reloaded the Database. i see reception now. probably to late to hear anything. ill monitor it in the morning. Thanks for the help guys.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Not sure about Edmonton. I Calgary have heard some communications but very infrequent. Driving last Sunday afternoon saw something with Leduc on the scree. Prior that that, had heard some communications from Fort McMurray. I believe these may have been mentioned in other posts. Sorry can't remember. But with encryption and not everyone on the system, I do not hear a lot of activity and generally do not listen to AFRRCS. You will have to have a lot of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.