Listening to Boston from Worcester Area..

Status
Not open for further replies.

basenjib123

Just wondering how well and what you can hear around Boston from Worcester area? What are you using for an antenna would be helpful. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!!

ecps92

All depends, on where in Worcester area
Height, antenna and surrounding interference will also be factors,

If you have some height, likely, however Boston has cut back on much of it's power of years ago, to only cover the city.

Also, it will vary by TX Site that they have selected.

Are we talking, PD, FD, EMS or Business Band ??

Just wondering how well and what you can hear around Boston from Worcester area? What are you using for an antenna would be helpful. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!!

ecps92

See the comments on Height, location, antenna.

Give it a try, but in my experience Boston PD uses more Lower Hgt sites vs one High location, so coverage outside of the city is minimal.

Worcester Airport they can be heard....

Mostly interested in the Police Traffic...Thanks for the replies.

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
460.400 west roxbury and I forgot what other area

And the city wide channels.

Those are easy catches

raisindot

I'm in Natick and I've noticed that Boston UHF police and fire frequencies that were once easy to catch on my HP-1 and other scanners have become harder to snag in the last year or so, and come in with lots of static.

ecps92

If this is a new occurance for you, I would check your Antenna and Coax as Boston made those changes as part of the Narrowbanding which occured prior to Jan 01, 2013

I'm in Natick and I've noticed that Boston UHF police and fire frequencies that were once easy to catch on my HP-1 and other scanners have become harder to snag in the last year or so, and come in with lots of static.

Status
Not open for further replies.