Listening to Broadcastify Calls on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisABQ

Hey everyone,

I've been feeding to Broadcastify Calls now for about 2 months. I love it and love listening to the feed on the internet using my computer. My scanners are collecting dust at this point.

Question: I want to listen to the feed on my Android phone, is there an app (other than using a browser window) to listen to the feed? Problem is, phone screen goes black (locks) and feed goes silent. What is everyone using (if any)? Anything similar to a scanner app for B Calls out there?

sjacket99

FuzzThePiGuy
Feed Provider
@ChrisABQ Scanner Radio - Fire and Police Scanner for both IOS and Android. There is a free and paid version. This app you can listen to any feed that is uploaded to Broadcastify. I use this app to listen to the feed that I upload to Broadcastify.
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 6.02.38 PM.png

Last edited:

lynchy135

Feed Provider
This is better suited in the Broadcastify Administration section of the forums (I think). But to answer your question, no. As of right now the API for Calls is not open yet. Hopefully they will be soon so people can make some apps that work with Calls.

PDXh0b0

Premium Subscriber
This is exactly what got me involved in SDR's. After the frustration of the app's
Hey everyone,

I've been feeding to Broadcastify Calls now for about 2 months. I love it and love listening to the feed on the internet using my computer. My scanners are collecting dust at this point.

Question: I want to listen to the feed on my Android phone, is there an app (other than using a browser window) to listen to the feed? Problem is, phone screen goes black (locks) and feed goes silent. What is everyone using (if any)? Anything similar to a scanner app for B Calls out there?

ignore

Last edited:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
@ChrisABQ Scanner Radio - Fire and Police Scanner for both IOS and Android. There is a free and paid version. This app you can listen to any feed that is uploaded to Broadcastify. I use this app to listen to the feed that I upload to Broadcastify.
on your pc web browser, go to broadcastify, go to the feed you want to listen too, on the right side, click the player selection drop down, select winamp, save the file to desktop or where ever you can find it. open it with a text editor like notepad.
He is asking about Broadcastify CALLS...you are both referencing the traditional Broadcastify feeds...two separate things.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
This is exactly what got me involved in SDR's. After the frustration of the app's

exact situation that got me into SDR's and streaming my own feed to myself. An alternative to those annoying app's timing out is VLC. download it from play store.

on your pc web browser, go to broadcastify, go to the feed you want to listen too, on the right side, click the player selection drop down, select winamp, save the file to desktop or where ever you can find it. open it with a text editor like notepad. Open vlc player on your phone, click the menu on the bottom right(more), click new stream, enter the web address from notepad into it (leave out the s in https://) example http://broadcastify.cdnstream1.com/17469

then click the orange arrow

bonus. if you are logged into broadcastify and a subscriber, the web address will be a little different ending with .mp3 (no commercial when you start the stream)

View attachment 107338

That works good for regular feeds, but I don't see it working on the CALLS platform, yes NODE like

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
View attachment 107337

Gordon's app is the absolute best in class IMO. I've been a paid user for probably 8 or 10 years now. The Broadcastify app works the same but the UI looks extremely clunky and hasn't been updated in years.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Gordon's app is the absolute best in class IMO. I've been a paid user for probably 8 or 10 years now. The Broadcastify app works the same but the UI looks extremely clunky and hasn't been updated in years.

But as said earlier, it does not support the Broadcastify Calls Nodes, only regular feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.