Listening to construction radios in Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live above a big construction site and I'm curios to listen to some of their radio traffic. Such as crane operators speaking to the ground etc. I tried Close Call Only but haven't had any luck. I use a Uniden SDS100. Thanks for any help.

ecps92

FRS, GMRS, 464.5000, 464.5500, 469.5000, 469.5500 or just search 461-470
I live above a big construction site and I'm curios to listen to some of their radio traffic. Such as crane operators speaking to the ground etc. I tried Close Call Only but haven't had any luck. I use a Uniden SDS100. Thanks for any help.

dudegt

KQ4EVS
Premium Subscriber
They most likely are using GMRS or FRS, with some handheld enterprise Motorola radios or like @MTS2000des said they could be using a DMR or any digital trunking system for that matter.

rayvelcoro

A multitude of users use UHF allocated for low power use. Here are two common examples: 461.1125 and 461.0375.

baybum

I get construction near me on 467mhz. Crane ops are pretty boring..."cable up, cable down, stop, left, right" etc...but fishing is part of the hobby. Good luck.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
In my experience, the General Contractor has a list of frequencies and PL codes for each project. These are typically UHF itenierent freqs and each contractor or type of contractor has a channel reserved for them on this list. Typically, each contractor may run FRS/GMRS/MURS for their internal crew comms onsite or just run on their assigned channel from the GC. However, some people tend to get upset when 5-20 crews chatting on the channel in a language they dont understand (which is why the supervisor or crew lead will carry the radio on the GC frequencies and then their FRS/GMRS/MURS radios). TT

Status
Not open for further replies.