Listening to Davis County Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

halespa

I have a RS PRO28 that I have been using to find Trunking sites and Talk Groups before I enter them into my BCT8, neither one has been rebanded as yet. I know that the PRO528 can not be rebanded but it works fairly well when I program all the freqs for a transmitter site and then the TG's that I am interested in EXCEPT Davis County.

I have tried both the Davis SIMO and Francis Peak sites and the PRO528 will not lock onto any talkgroups but will hear traffic on the Francis Peak site as if I was running conventional scanning but will NOT show talk groups. It will not pick up anything on the Davis SIMO site.

When I am on the Weber SIMO site and have the radio on "Id Scan" I hear TG #9404 clear as a bell.

Someone Please help me

Thanks

ww7y

This has been discussed several times, do a search on rebanding. In a nutshell Davis Simo uses the new rebanded freqs. (xxx.xxx0) in almost all of it's voice channels (check out the database). Other sites use more of the old pre-reband freqs (xxx.xxx5). Your radios will receive these to one extent or another. Best solution is to download the firmware patch for your BCT8....and it will then work on all UCAN sites.

halespa

Thanks WW7Y. I done a search prior to my post and did not find anything about my question, so I posted the question here. I will try the search again. I have entered all the frequencies for Francis and Davis SIMO and the scanner would not lock on the CC(s) for either site. Thank you for your reply. I will go back to the drawing board and try again.

ww7y

I doubt you can receive Davis Simo from Tremonton(sites are on valley floor). Francis is probably within range due to it's elevation, so don't know why you can't make that work. Have you tried Promontory? The main Davis talkgroups are usually active there and almost always active on Nelson Peak. You should have a straight shot at Nelson. If you can get at least a fair signal on the control channel, it should allow the scanner to follow it. Of course the rebanding issue comes in for those freqs and you will miss some, if not lots of traffic without reband capable scanner.

halespa

Thanks again WW7Y. I forgot to mention that I was in Davis County when I was trying to listen to the Davis Comms. That is why I cannot figure out why the radio would not find the CC for the sites and follow the traffic as good as it does for the Weber & Cache County sites and the little traffic that is on the Box Elder site. I will try the other sites that you mentioned the next time I am in Davis County. Thanks for your help
73 de W7PAH

Status
Not open for further replies.