Listening to Denver on Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

funcritter

I have carefully followed the instructions in THIS thread and uploaded the changes to my scanner. I still don't hear anything from Denver. Is there something I have done wrong or is it not possible to hear Denver PD on the Pro-96?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The PRO-96 is NOT ESK capable and will not work on the Denver Public Safety or Lakewood/West Metro systems.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
If budget is an issue you might try the Uniden BC346XT Portable, Uniden BCT15X Desktop and the new RadioShack iSCAN portable all will track Denver's ESK system for 1/2 the price of a Pro-96/2096.

Additionally don't forget Bill's excellent online feed sharing Denver Police, Fire and EMS traffic worldwide.

Jim<

funcritter

If budget is an issue you might try the Uniden BC346XT Portable, Uniden BCT15X Desktop and the new RadioShack iSCAN portable all will track Denver's ESK system for 1/2 the price of a Pro-96/2096.

Additionally don't forget Bill's excellent online feed sharing Denver Police, Fire and EMS traffic worldwide.

Jim<

Thanks for all the info.

Which radio will allow me to listen to all of Denver/Westy/Arvada/Adams county? It would be nice to have one radio for all of them if possible.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the info.

Which radio will allow me to listen to all of Denver/Westy/Arvada/Adams county? It would be nice to have one radio for all of them if possible.

For Denver/Westy/Arvada the above scanners would work fine but of you add Adams County to the mix they are DTRS and use some 700MHz control channels so then your radio list would be Pro-106/197, Uniden 396/996 and GRE-500/600.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.