Listening to Feed as it goes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredva

Feed Provider
Do you have a physical cable connecting the scanner to the computer? Do you have either speakers or headphones/earbuds connected to the computer? I've got a cable from the scanner to the computer as input and then a cable running to speakers as the output. Then it is a matter of making sure the "Listen to this Device" setting is checked for the input.

Some newer computers only have one jack that is used for either microphone input or speaker/headphone output but not both at the same time. If you have one of those, you would need to get a headphone/mic splitter cable to connect input and output cables at the same time. Then you should be able to listen to your scanner through the computer.

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a physical cable connecting the scanner to the computer? Do you have either speakers or headphones/earbuds connected to the computer? I've got a cable from the scanner to the computer as input and then a cable running to speakers as the output. Then it is a matter of making sure the "Listen to this Device" setting is checked for the input.

Some newer computers only have one jack that is used for either microphone input or speaker/headphone output but not both at the same time. If you have one of those, you would need to get a headphone/mic splitter cable to connect input and output cables at the same time. Then you should be able to listen to your scanner through the computer.

I do run a cable from the headphone on the front to the computer. I see there is a speaker jack in the back. Should that still be working with the headphone jack in use?

I also bought ProScan this morning for my new feed program. I just have to learn to use it.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just bought ProScan and joined FB Page and will be asking questions on your forum.
You can ask questions here too. Are you using the scanner Wi-Fi for the audio. Is that all setup and working?
To hear audio out of the computer speakers, go to the Audio Control - Monitor & Test tab then choose the Source Client service then check the Loopback box.

frankbreden

Premium Subscriber
To tell you my mindset, and my thinking, and how much I know about broadcasting, I have 1 SDS200, 3-436, 4-536. I run a scanner page on FB. I was broadcasting 4 scanners on its own laptop computer because I did not know I could open multiple times ScannerCast to broadcast each scanner off the single computer.

I have been broadcasting for about 5 years. I have been an avid scanner'er for well let's say 40+ years.

My intention is to set up feeds to all our area's LEO's.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
To tell you my mindset, and my thinking, and how much I know about broadcasting, I have 1 SDS200, 3-436, 4-536. I run a scanner page on FB. I was broadcasting 4 scanners on its own laptop computer because I did not know I could open multiple times ScannerCast to broadcast each scanner off the single computer.

I have been broadcasting for about 5 years. I have been an avid scanner'er for well let's say 40+ years.

My intention is to set up feeds to all our area's LEO's.
The SDS200 and BCD536HP are both Ethernet capable, as you know. My ProScan & free RadioFeed supports the scanner Ethernet connection. The audio over Ethernet produces the highest quality audio due to the audio signal is digital all the way from the scanner to ProScan & RadioFeed. No ground loops that causes hum, no hot level mic inputs, no bleed over, etc.

NYRHKY94

The SDS200 and BCD536HP are both Ethernet capable, as you know. My ProScan & free RadioFeed supports the scanner Ethernet connection. The audio over Ethernet produces the highest quality audio due to the audio signal is digital all the way from the scanner to ProScan & RadioFeed. No ground loops that causes hum, no hot level mic inputs, no bleed over, etc.

The RadioFeed audio when using Wifi with the BCD536HP is pristine as well ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.