• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Listening to FRS frequencies on ICOM F60v

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattleonard

I work with a rigging company that uses F60v's for our primary communication. Sometimes we work with clients who we put on FRS units, keeping our safety team on our ICOM's. I have programmed a few of the ICOM's to overlap with FRS channels 4/5/6 (462.6375, 462.6625, 462.6875) just to be able to monitor client's communication, as well as in case of emergency to be able to reach all parties. (I realize the ICOM's are not legally allowed to broadcast on FRS frequencies outside of emergencies, but understand monitoring to be allowed)

Our old FRS units (a mix of brands) all worked fine, but we just bought some new Motorola MR350's, and Channel 5 works fine to the ICOM's, but not the other 2 channels. The ICOM's receive lights do activate when transmitting from the FRS', but no transmission goes through. However, I tested transmission from the ICOM's to the FRS's, and that works.

Any ideas here? I have tried using different/no privacy codes - thinking that might be the issue, but no luck.

Thanks in advance!

wyShack

Premium Subscriber
I would double check that the Icom is set (or programmed for) 'narrow' FM. Also if using 'privacy codes' the tones have to be right on. The simplest solution would be to set the Icom for CSQ (carrier squelch) where it will 'open' for any transmission. IF that works, check the tones on the FRS radios as they may be slightly off frequency.

Hope this helps and good luck

ecps92

Also make sure it's set to TX/RX on the same Freq, you might be trying Semi-Duplex on your Icom, or off Frequency

I would double check that the Icom is set (or programmed for) 'narrow' FM. Also if using 'privacy codes' the tones have to be right on. The simplest solution would be to set the Icom for CSQ (carrier squelch) where it will 'open' for any transmission. IF that works, check the tones on the FRS radios as they may be slightly off frequency.

Hope this helps and good luck

Hans13

"I have tried using different/no privacy codes - thinking that might be the issue, but no luck."

It is not clear if you tried "no tones" on the ICOMs or just on the FRS radios. Set the ICOMs to carrier squelch (no tones RX and TX), open the squelch, and see if you can hear the FRS radios transmit. Privacy codes on the FRS radios won't matter for CSQ (carrier squelch). If your RX frequency programming is correct, you should hear something on the ICOMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.