Listening to live audio on mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

maclark4

I have a sprint HTC mogul (the PPC-6800). I would like to listen to the live audio on my phone but when I open the mobile website on my phone and try to click the link, it says that I do not have enough memory available. Can anyone help PLEASE????

AMDXP

Premium Subscriber
If you have a Win Mo device then the best software I found was Resco Radio Player. It's a 7 day trial, but well worth the price as it doesn't crash like GSplayer does.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have a windows mobile device and those did not work.

Also, understand that non of us can troubleshoot any type of report when some says "did not work."

What does "did not work" mean?

Did you get an error message?
What was the behavior of the application?
What else can you tell us about why it didn't work?

Every single detail down to the smallest issue will help us better understand what is happening in your particular situation. Step by step. Let us hear it! :)

Seriously, understand that we are supporting potentially hundreds of clients and applications that might listen to our feeds. I'd love to have every cell phone, but it isn't possible, so I cannot (we cannot) test every device. You have to help us if your specific client isn't working. The more you can give us the better.....

Thanks,

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I have an iPhone and I used to be able to access the mobile RR site and go to live audio and listen to the feeds no problem and now all of a sudden I get a "This movie cannot be played". I was wondering if there was a work around for this or am I just going to have to deal. I just like the mobile RR layout and easy access to links.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I rebooted my phone and it seemed to fix it but for whatever reason it kept giving me those errors either when I was on Edge or Wifi

N0IU

I just tested 2 feeds using my iPhone through m.radioreference.com and they are working fine... which feed are you having a problem with?
I know this doesn't help the OP, but I can also listen to the feeds on my iPod Touch (which is essentially an iPhone without the telephone!) with no issues.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I rebooted my phone and it seemed to fix it but for whatever reason it kept giving me those errors

iPod Touch & iPhones need an occasional reboot (not turn on/off, full powerdown and power back up) due to memory issues. Whenever you get a strange error, do the reboot and you'll likely be working again.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
I found that Pocket Player is the best one (for me) for my old Mogul and now Touch Pro

I can't get Pocket Player to work on my original Touch, it says it's not a valid application. I think I have the RR streaming on my Touch now, but I haven't heard any audio yet... Had to get a different memory card.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
I've got to think that there's a better way to use RR mobile, than waiting 4 hours for a 210Mb file to download onto my phone. 210Mb, really????

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I've got to think that there's a better way to use RR mobile, than waiting 4 hours for a 210Mb file to download onto my phone. 210Mb, really????
It sounds like the phone/player you're using doesn't support streaming and thinks it is downloading an mp3 file. Since you're trying to listen to a live stream, your player will never finish downloading the audio since it will always be receiving more and more audio. If the player you're supported streaming it would let you start listening to it while it continued to download/receive the audio.

-- Gordon

Astrak

Well here is an explanation as to why WMP won't play the streams here

"The reason why your Windows Media Player will not play the station is because it's not a true WMA file.
Radio stations have found a trick with the newer versions of WMP on the PC where they can disguise a bog-standard mp3 stream and force it to play via Windows Media Player on the PC.

The problem here is that WMP on your mobile doesn't support mp3 streaming (and neither does WMP on the Mac, but radio stations don't care!). What I suggest you do is to download an mp3 player such as TCPMP, and from now on, use the Winamp/iTunes (.pls) stream on the station website. You should find that the radio station now plays."

I can't get TCPMP to work on my phone, but I have a newer version of WinMo. Also TCPMP is no longer supported as it was the beta version of Core player this may also be why it no longer works. TCPMP v0.72RC1 download at Freeware Pocket PC

Astrak

BTW, I have the newest version of WinMo 6.5 on my HTC touch Diamond running both CF.net 3.5 and 3.7 along with HTC sense UI 2.5. GSplayer works, along with all of the other media players. Skyfire browser will navigate to the website just like you would on your regular PC(yes flash is supported) that is all you have to do besides associating your media player with streaming types of files.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
I've got it to work on Windows Media player on my 6.1 before, it just took forEVER. I'll have to check around for some different audio players that will support streaming and see what I can come up with.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
GSplayer works perfect. I just had to open up the streams on my real computer in Windows Media Player, go to file, and copy the actual stream location. I saved those locations as playlists in GSPlayer so now I can access them each directly. Works great, takes about 30 seconds to buffer then plays flawless.

Status
Not open for further replies.