Listening to medivac helicopter in Middlesex / Old Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phigment

Premium Subscriber
What system/frequency should I have programmed to listen to medivac helicopter landings in Old Bridge and/or nearby areas? There are occasional landings at Old Bridge's Sandburg School that I'd like to listen to.

Thanks,
Scott

fireman_dude

Premium Subscriber
I would guess that it would be one of the Jems frequencies but I could be wrong. You could always listen to Northstar being dispatched on the NJSP system and the dispatcher will relay tell the Medivac what the "contact" frequency will be. Down here in South Jersey it's the south jersey net.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
SPEN 4 is very common. It is a good place to start if you do
not catch the freq on the NorthSTAR TG on Troop B.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Air 1 freq.

Alantic Air 1 Dispatches there calls on 463.1750 DPL156, They also use this Freq. as a Phone Patch to the hospital where they give there report to a Doctor, and get instuctions for Meds. I know this is a North Jersey Based Medivac ,but often I have heard them get called to central nj even monmouth co. from time to time

CERT6

I have all the JEMS programed in my scanner, and whenever they have the need for them around here, i never hear a single word. The local fire that is setting up the landing zone even requests the frequency, which is normally JEMS4 and i still never hear anything....

Tech792

In the past, they have used Old Bridge's local dispatch of 46.42 for the helo to talk to the FD

Status
Not open for further replies.