Kenwood: Listening to NXDN on a Kenwood NX300. What should I program in for NXDN stuff besides FL FleetTalk? (Orlando area)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to Florida and I programmed a couple sites in as conventional frequencies in my NX300. Would I just listen to the voice freqs on each site to hear traffic? And what other NXDN stuff is there besides FL FleetTalk? I am going to be in Orlando area and will be at Universal for most/all of my stay.

IcomIcR20

Premium Subscriber
I'm not familiar with the NX300, but it should work fine that way. On my scanner if I enter the voice frequencies, I hear traffic that way but of course it is not limited to just a single talkgroup. You would hear everything that is coming across the site.

The only NEXEDGE/NXDN showing in the database for that area is Florida Fleet Talk. Now, it is very possible that there is other NXDN stuff out there that isn't in the DB. A good starting point is digitalfrequencysearch.com. That site lists 275 NXDN frequencies in Orange County, but of course many of those are inputs/mobiles and many are likely to be unused or not yet using NXDN.

The last time I was down there, I didn't have the NXDN update on my Uniden, so I can't speak from personal experience.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to Florida and I programmed a couple sites in as conventional frequencies in my NX300. Would I just listen to the voice freqs on each site to hear traffic? And what other NXDN stuff is there besides FL FleetTalk? I am going to be in Orlando area and will be at Universal for most/all of my stay.
What are you looking for? I admin the fleettalk system. Most of the Orlando stuff is encrypted. The construction stuff is not very active on the weekends, and anything medical, its encrypted. Not going to hear much from the other customers I have on nxdn either, only business hours.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

trumpetman

Database Admin
Scanning NXDN voice channels on a trunked system won't work on Kenwood NX radios anyways so it's a moot point. Conventional only with no encryption is your only use for that NX300 on your trip it looks like, along with analog of course.

RayAir

If it's a Nexedge 4800 TRS, Icom IDAS radios can conventionally scan a trunked system, but if it's scrambled/encrypted, yeah, SOL.

You probably already knew this, but just an FYI for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.