Listening To SDS200 On Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have downloaded Proscan and on Monday will connect my SDS200 to program it. My question is: if I want to listen ’on the go’ over the Internet using my iPhone will this be available with Proscan and my unit connect to LAN for Internet? I don’t have to leave the SDS200 powered on, just connect to Internet?

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Yes, you will need to have it still powered on.

As for the setup process, maybe someone on here can explain in depth or post a link to help you set it up

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
When I try to listen to my 200 via ProScan on my phone through local (home) connection (while working outside) the player stops each and every time between 28-48 seconds. Did I miss a setting, kinda annoying but Im sure I did something wrong. WIFI signal full, Win10 with a Samsung J7 phone. Android

Last edited:

ThomasB3131

When I try to listen to my 200 via ProScan on my phone through local (home) connection (while working outside) the player stops each and every time between 28-48 seconds. Did I miss a setting, kinda annoying but Im sure I did something wrong. WIFI signal full, Win10 with a Samsung J7 phone. Android

Have you tried setting up a private Zello feed that only you can access? You might be able to set it up that way.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I think that's the internal or built in player that's doing that Try using an external player such as VLC or WinAmp.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
how do you do that?

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I am no expert but I set a couple of radios up on Proscan and apparently you have to use TWO IP addresses. You need your LOCAL IP for when you are using your wireless in and around your house.....when you go out of range or away from home you need to use EXTERNAL IP address. You can get these online from those "whatsmyIP" sites. On my phone I set up 2 icons. One for when I am listening on phone around the house and in yard (with local IP) and another icon for when I am on the road (with external IP) It works very well. I had similar issue. We have a big backyard and I kept losing the feed. Couldnt figure it out. But this solution worked for me.

OldRabbit

It usually takes a bit more than just setting your public IP - when you wish to connect from the Internet. Your router/firewall must be configured to allow traffic inbound - and route it to the desired internal IP and port number. Unless .. you just have a single PC connected directly to a public IP.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
It usually takes a bit more than just setting your public IP - when you wish to connect from the Internet. Your router/firewall must be configured to allow traffic inbound - and route it to the desired internal IP and port number. Unless .. you just have a single PC connected directly to a public IP.
OK sorry thats right...I had to do a "port forwarding" thing but it was explained to me so the job was easy. Using Proscan you need to allow PORT 5000. Thats the only one that works.

wstcstas26

Premium Subscriber
I have had the exact same issue! Always disconnects at 48 seconds on my Samsung 10. Very frustrating!

wstcstas26

Premium Subscriber
I think that's the internal or built in player that's doing that Try using an external player such as VLC or WinAmp.
Since I have experienced the same issue of the media player on my Samsung S10+ freezing between 32 or 48-sec mark each time how can I change the Listen Live media player out for the VLC. Downloaded the app but cannot make it the default or specify the URL to use VLC for this application exclusively. Thanks for any help you could provide

Status
Not open for further replies.