listening to the scanner threw the comp while recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

ok i just got a lil cable so i can record off the bct-15 but when i plug the wire in i dont hear anything out of my comp so its like recording something you cant hear any ideas on how i can fix it... the recorder works and plays back well i just cant hear anything when the scanner is plugged in

got that fixed any way take the scratchiness out? its real scratchy

Last edited:

btritch

I have the same problem, Wile plugged into record, I can't hear anything but it plays back and records well, I'm running Windows XP Pro..Any one have any ideas?

KC0QNB

Go into your audio settings (right click on the little speaker icon in the tray) open volume controls, teh first window that pops up is play settings on your default sound card make sure your source is selected and turned on. here is a better idea look at this thread follow the instructions that Shortwavewave put there, that will be easier than me trying to explain it. Simple put you have two sets of settings for each soundcard one for play and one for record. look at the screen shots he put there, don't worry if he has a different sound card than you do the settings are most likely the same.

btritch

That fixed it! It was my rear pink input control! I wondered why, I could hook it to one pc and it work fine, hook it to another and it wouldn't.. I wondered why... It's fixed now!! THANKS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.