Listing of City of Dallas in the database here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coreymcl

Can somebody do me a favor and verify if the City of Dallas Police and Fire feq's are correct here in the database section? I am having a problem picking up both Police and Fire calls, in fact I can not pick them up on my Uniden 396. I don't know how to manually program my scanner. I used ARC's software that connects to my scanner to program it.

So if I can verify that Dallas as not changed something that would be very helpful in finding my problem.

Thanks,

Corey

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The frequencies listed for Dallas Police & Dallas Fire Rescue are correct, and have not changed in quite some time. Apparently, something is going wrong during the import of this system. It should import as a Conventional system.

Make sure the imported system is not locked out, the quick key is "enabled", and is selected to be scanned.

I don't know what your exact location is, but Dallas' system carires a good distance. I can pick it up, in my truck, on my 396 using the Radio Shack 800Mhz antenna, on the west side of Ft Worth headed to Weatherford. Where are you trying to listen from, and with which antenna, if not the original (stock) antenna?

Edit: I looked back at a couple of your past posts, and believe you are in the Grand Prairie area, right? From there, unless you're sitting right up against the bottom western edge of that ridge line, like where Spur 408 hits I-20, the only way you'd have a signal strength problem is if you took the scanner's antenna off altogether. At home, I can still hear DPD & DFR with no antenna, unless I crank the squelch all the way up.

Last edited:

coreymcl

Yes, I'm in Grand Prairie. I will look and see what type of systems it creates during the import. Thanks for checking this for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.