Little help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Hoping someone from Md. can help me out with identifying a mysterious DMR system. I have been trying to figure out who is transmitting DMR voice and data on 155.670. This is a police frequency used here in Pennsylvania. I receive it constantly for about three months now. I cannot get strong enough signal to decode with the equipment I am using. I do believe I heard mention of "university of Maryland" once while decoding transmissions. This is what moves me to ask you folks for help. Can anyone receive this dmr system in the greater Baltimore area? If not I will concentrate on a different region, but my antenna does seem to have gain in the direction of your state as I can also receive the Cecil county system from here. Thanks for any info you can provide.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Baltimore County is licensed for that frequency, and Charles County Public Schools in Southern Maryland is also licensed for 155.670.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
Well I appreciate the responses. Before asking here in Md forum I did do much research. I decided the aforementioned systems were not what I am hearing due to the emission designations not being for digital as well as the low wattage of any base stations.
I still wonder if anyone in the area receives this DMR system with strong signal. If it isn't strong in your vicinity then I am on a goose chase and can eliminate South of me and concentrate on other directions
Would anyone be willing to try and tune the system in? It is very busy and would only take a few minutes to check signal. Also if you've got decoding software/receiver maybe a clue as to usage. I also am curious if the audio is encrypted just by the way it sounds when I can barely get a few seconds of successful decode. ~rrbum~.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Nothing received on 155.670 here in Annapolis, 30 miles south of Baltimore.

rrbum

Premium Subscriber
I'll be darned. I guess what I am hearing isn't from down your way after all. I do see some licenses in New Jersey shore towns but again nothing listed as digital. The mystery continues. Thank you much for the help. I don't think it is skip as it is always there, so it must be within a hundred miles or so of me unless they are really strong or way up in the air. I also have to brush up on how I used to listen to harmonics based on the IF of the receiver. Wondering if this is a harmonic of a local station, but it is present on several receivers which I would think use different IFs. Anyway, happy listening to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.