Little Rock Airshow

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
Is anyone here going to the airshow in November??

I have Win97 file made up and I hope to hear some traffic this year.

I had an old Pro 62 before and never really heard anything.

This year I'll have my Pro 97 with me and my 2055 mounted in my wife's van.

aspclay

I plan on going, I have a pro-96, will your files work on that? Do you have frequencies for the Blue Angels included ?

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
I have a list in Excel somewhere.

I got most of my freqs from Monitoring Times.

I'll try to post what I got this week.......watch this thread

safetyobc

I like the logo you got there aspclay!

I would like to go but can't :(

No money, gotta work, wife don't like stuff like that...etc.

aspclay

Air Show

Yeah I went to see the Thunderbirds last year at the LRAFB. It was interesting to take the scanner and listen to #1 (The Captain) talk out all the maneuvers over the radio, actually he was 'singing' them out! This year I'm going to take a larger external speaker, the one on the radio was just not enough when the airplanes are making so much noise! We camped out at the car so it was really interesting!

bubbaearle

Premium Subscriber
2005 Airshow

Did they not hassle ya for sitting out in your vehicle? We sat in lawn chairs last year, but noticed alotta folks out in the parking area when I went out to fetch the Gatorade.

We (my 2 boys & I) went last year also........probably the best show we've seen.

Leaving the show was a nightmare, but we were treated to some touch & go's by a pair of F-117s.....

The T-birds had a fuel spill that Saturday morning........we sat up front almost show center and watched them scramble to clean it up........they were dealing out the absorbent pads like playing cards.

This year I'll probably be in my van and will have my 2055 in it and have my Pro 97 with me also. I may need to buy a couple of pair of earbuds so the kids & I can hear the scanner.

I'm putting a list together....still aint done yet........

What radio are you gunna have with ya??

Status
Not open for further replies.