Little Rock AWIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodiebnew

Premium Subscriber
I have question regarding LR. I used to live there when they were on the old system. I programmed AWIN in my 2 digital scanners but it has a hard time finding the CC.

Do I just need the LR group someone created with all the LR metro frequencies or do I need to program the east LR, Chenal mountain, and the other Pulaski sites.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Little Rock uses the Little Rock Simulcast of the AWING all police tg are encrypted. Same for North Little Rock.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
For lrfd nlrfd mpf mpd pcso pcfd mems etc all you need is the simulcast. For ASP etc you want the surrounding sites. Phase I will slowly show up over the next 2 years.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
And milf meant that P25 Phase 2 will slowly be showing up over the next couple of years. They are working to upgrade sites and consoles and then later new radios and such, at least for the big agencies, will be coming.

wbswetnam

And milf meant that P25 Phase 2 will slowly be showing up over the next couple of years. They are working to upgrade sites and consoles and then later new radios and such, at least for the big agencies, will be coming.

Last week I heard the dispatcher for Highway Police District 2 say "Hold all traffic for several minutes, our consoles are being switched over". So, yeah, they're working on it.

paladin5150

I guess there isn't a DMR repeater in Benton/Bryant area? I can barely hit the LR one on a handheld and that depends on conditions. Anyone want to get together and set up one?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I guess there isn't a DMR repeater in Benton/Bryant area? I can barely hit the LR one on a handheld and that depends on conditions. Anyone want to get together and set up one?

Are you talking about amateur/ham radio? Wrong, unrelated thread, but...

There are 2 in LR...which one have you tried?

1, Shinall Mtn: https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeaters/details.php?state_id=05&ID=9959

2: https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeaters/details.php?state_id=05&ID=178

PS: Please don't get off topic in threads...this one is about AWIN in LR, for example...

Status
Not open for further replies.