Little Rock Public Safety Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

skybowl

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program scanners to work in Pulaski County, AR, and use the Little Rock Public Safety system. The database download doesn't have the correct information for Channel 8 and also the Primary Dispatch Channel, they both show up as 000-00. I am new to this and can't figure out what to change to reflect the information that show's up when looking at the website information which has channel 8 in talkgroup 48. I am using PRSedit 500. Would appreciate any help available.

Thanks.

dogtowndrums

Feed Provider
It appears that they've gone through with the rebanding of the Little Rock Public Safety TRS. They added three frequencies: 854.56250, 854.63750, and 855.83750
Right now 854.63750 is the control frequency. Little Rock Public Safety Trunking System, Little Rock, Arkansas - Scanner Frequencies

I monitor this TRS to stream the NLR Police and Fire stream here: North Little Rock Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

The rebanding must have happened within the past day, because I checked my stream this morning, and realized something was wrong due to lack of radio traffic. When I looked at the screen on the scanner, I realized that it had lost the control frequency. I entered the three additional frequencies above, and the scanner picked right back up where she left off.

Props to RR for having the future rebanding frequencies up!

DickH

I am trying to program scanners to work in Pulaski County, AR, and use the Little Rock Public Safety system. The database download doesn't have the correct information for Channel 8 and also the Primary Dispatch Channel, they both show up as 000-00. I am new to this and can't figure out what to change to reflect the information that show's up when looking at the website information which has channel 8 in talkgroup 48. I am using PRSedit 500. Would appreciate any help available.

Thanks.

All the Pulaski county talk groups are in the 44xxx series. I don't know how you came up with 000-00.

DickH

It appears that they've gone through with the rebanding of the Little Rock Public Safety TRS. They added three frequencies: 854.56250, 854.63750, and 855.83750
Right now 854.63750 is the control frequency. Little Rock Public Safety Trunking System, Little Rock, Arkansas - Scanner Frequencies

I monitor this TRS to stream the NLR Police and Fire stream here: North Little Rock Police and Fire Live Scanner Audio Feed

The rebanding must have happened within the past day, because I checked my stream this morning, and realized something was wrong due to lack of radio traffic. When I looked at the screen on the scanner, I realized that it had lost the control frequency. I entered the three additional frequencies above, and the scanner picked right back up where she left off.

Looking at that system in the RR database, it has not "rebanded" because it did not need to. There were no freqs. in the 866, 867 or 868 range. Those are the freqs. that require rebanding. As you say, they may have added 3 new freqs. That's all. All old scanners will still work as before after the new feqs. have been added. It's really very simple.

skybowl

Premium Subscriber
the 000-00 comes from RR when I download the frequencies through the software load program. This also happens when I use the software program for older radio shack scanners that is available here on RR. I am using the PRSedit lastest version. This has always been the case when programing in the LR Public Safety freq's though this program, in the past I had gotten it fixed due to a previous file being updated, I lost that file and don't have contact with the person who helped me create that working set of programming. Any idea how to get them to work on the Radio shack pro-106 scanners? this is the lastest version from radio shack.

DickH

the 000-00 comes from RR when I download the frequencies through the software load program. This also happens when I use the software program for older radio shack scanners that is available here on RR. I am using the PRSedit lastest version. This has always been the case when programing in the LR Public Safety freq's though this program, in the past I had gotten it fixed due to a previous file being updated, I lost that file and don't have contact with the person who helped me create that working set of programming. Any idea how to get them to work on the Radio shack pro-106 scanners? this is the lastest version from radio shack.

Looking more closely at the RR database, that system is (was?) a Motorola Type IIi, meaning that some talk groups are the old Type I (000-00 format). I suspect the so-called "rebanding" included upgrading to a Type II system, but the RR database has not been updated, so when you download, it's making it a Type IIi system. Thus the 000-00 format talk group.
I suggest putting in only the 4 control channels; 859.26250, 860.43750, 860.48750, 860.71250 and run in OPEN or SEARCH mode. You should hear every active talk group.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I am trying to program scanners to work in Pulaski County, AR, and use the Little Rock Public Safety system. The database download doesn't have the correct information for Channel 8 and also the Primary Dispatch Channel, they both show up as 000-00.
The download process is not really database related and I will move this thread to the programming software area.

That second site has been in the DB for 3 years. :lol:

All the Pulaski county talk groups are in the 44xxx series. I don't know how you came up with 000-00.
Yeah, me either.

Looking at that system in the RR database, it has not "rebanded" because it did not need to. There were no freqs. in the 866, 867 or 868 range. Those are the freqs. that require rebanding. As you say, they may have added 3 new freqs. That's all. All old scanners will still work as before after the new feqs. have been added. It's really very simple.
You are correct. This system is marked as rebanded but in fact there are no "rebanded" frequencies in the lineup. It would appear that it was marked years ago when understanding of the process was fuzzy. I'll see if I can't fix that.

Just program the two channels manually in the software. You know the TG numbers, just put them in. As for the reason it is downloading 000-00, I'm not sure where the error is but read on...

Looking more closely at the RR database, that system is (was?) a Motorola Type IIi, meaning that some talk groups are the old Type I (000-00 format). I suspect the so-called "rebanding" included upgrading to a Type II system, but the RR database has not been updated, so when you download, it's making it a Type IIi system. Thus the 000-00 format talk group....
Well, the system is (unless changed) still a hybrid system. There are two Type1 fleets for the transit system listed in the DB (at the bottom of the TRS page). The only thing that bothers me about that is, as you can see, they are Block 7 fleets. And no other Type II TGs are in Block 7 except for one. TG 58638, State Police Interagency Calling Interop TG is a Block 7 Type II TG. If you would have said that you were having trouble with that one, I could have understood the problem but since you are talking about two Block 0 TGs (16 & 48) the problem is somewhere else.

It may be in the newest version of the SOAP interface (the actual file downloaded from the site by your software), it may be in the newer versions of the software implementing the the SOAP interface. However, since you said this has always been a problem, it sounds more like the various software programs are not treating hybrid systems correctly. I don't have an answer for the specific problem, but since it is not a Database problem per se, I am moving the thread to the Programming Software forum, where the software vendors hang out.

You mentioned that you use PSREdit, so maybe you will get a response more to the point shortly since I know that Mike reviews the forum regularly.

theshepherd3

Little Rock Public Safety quit working

I had programmed in the Little Rock Public Safety trunking system (Arkansas State,Pulaski County) into my scanner and everything was working great until a couple of days ago. All of the other talk groups/trunk systems I have programmed are working. Any Ideas on what I may need to do to get this up and running again?
I have a Radio Shack Pro-107. And am using the ARC500 software.

DickH

I had programmed in the Little Rock Public Safety trunking system (Arkansas State,Pulaski County) into my scanner and everything was working great until a couple of days ago. All of the other talk groups/trunk systems I have programmed are working. Any Ideas on what I may need to do to get this up and running again?
I have a Radio Shack Pro-107. And am using the ARC500 software.

If you read through this thread you will discover they have added 3 new freqs. That may be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.