Little Rock Public Safety TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
I wondered what was going on. I have a RS PRO-163 and it quit receiving; I guess mid-week. I called over to Radio Shack and they said Little Rock had gone digital. I knew that wasn't so. I figured that it was something like this. I have mine set up as Control Channel Only. So, I took out the four previous control channels and replaced them with the three current. I wonder why they are using one less control channel.

7eng

856.4375 was observed as an active control channel for the system today(11/7). It might be helpful to add that to any list you are keeping.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Certian people have quoted the "OFFICIAL" rebanding guides etc.. saying this system isn't technically rebanded. I hate to put a bee in the bonnet.. BUT: Per FCC Licensing this system IS rebanded as far as the United States Federal Communications Commission is concerned. TYPE: YE The E only applies to rebanded 800 MHz radio systems... GE YE etc... As far as LRTRS goes, the radios have ALL been "retouched" and reprogrammed. The new license is valid and in effect. This system as with a few others even though rebanded currently seems to not effect older gen scanners (PRO-93 thru 97) and doesn't need the rebanded special settings on the mid gens (PRO-96 etc...) as far as we have been informed since the frequencies fall into the "old" ranges... The only oddities in my opinion with this system is the continuance of at least 2 type I talkgroups requiring a fleetmap. One would assume that they would have abandoned this when they "rebanded". This of course doesn't mean future enhancements and frequency changes won't occur.

Only other news is the continueing rumors of upgrade to P-25 or making this another set of AWIN sites. No one in official capability has confirmed or denied anything.. AKA government status quo. Happy monitoring.

7eng

859.2625 was observed as the system control channel today (11/19). This brings to 5 the number of channels observed functioning as a control channel under the re-banded system so far.

mdmceuensr

Little Rock Public Safety Radio

When they rebanded a couple of weeks back, I caught this on my "Watch" list for the LR system, and reprogramed my radio, no problem. Yesterday I got another hit on the LR system and found this:

Changed Site # 002 (Simulcast Rebanded) to 002 (Simulcast Rebanded) milf 2011-11-28 13:01:48

Now nothing on the LR system is working. I redone my Pro-106 with the 002 Simulcast Rebanded freqs., and I'm still not picking anything up. What was the change from "# 002 (Simulcast Rebanded) to 002 (Simulcast Rebanded)." Just wondering. Would be most thankful for any help.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
The only change was the addition of alt cc to a freq as submitted... Hopefully soon they will have all the changes settled since a site can ONLY have 4 CC's.... 1 Primary and 3 alternates in rotation. Someone run T88 or Trunker on this sytem and submit the resulted displayed CC's?

cozmosis

Did the prince turn back into a frog at midnight? My PRO-94 was working just fine early Saturday night (with the addition of the extra frequencies). I turned it back on when the gunfire began around midnight and the scanner can't seem to find a control channel. Thus, I missed out on all of the goose chases around central Arkansas.

cozmosis

So, my PRO-94 works today. Last night? I had nothing. Does this have to do with the addition of extra control channels (which I entered into the scanner)? Or is this tied to rebanding somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.