Little Rock Public Service System

Status
Not open for further replies.

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
For those who are interested; there is still plenty of traffic on the analog Little Rock system. I reprogramed my RS PRO-18 this afternoon. At present, the Pulaski Co. Sheriffs and Sherwood PD are still using the old analog system. The Sherwood Narcotics talk group was literally jumping with traffic, about 5:00 PM this afternoon. I made a good set up and included both the AWINS and analog system across about 20 playlists. Ah, life is good!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Yep, its still alive for now. Enjoy the analog while you can, as it goes away by Christmas if things go smoothly. (Well as smoothly as they can considering the already multiple delays, snafu's, and issues that Pulaski always seems to have with their radio systems... Same problems with the original analog, now with the AWIN transition.) All Public Safety is supposed to be AWIN by April, will be interesting to see if this deadline happens, or is another delayed due to issues lol. :)

KF5EYR

Premium Subscriber
I am thinking that it will take longer. From what I understand, there has been multiple foul ups, snags, and bumps. The NLRPD, I think, is still encrypting. LRPD has it's basic dispatch on AWINS unencrypted. I am betting that after a period of time, NLRPD will unencrypt it's basic dispatch talk group, as well. It may not be as bad as everyone thinks. I am becoming a little more optimistic than I was. Feeling good about it, actually. Love my RS PRO-18!

Status
Not open for further replies.