Littleton NH Police TAC channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Does anybody know if Littleton PD uses any TAC channels? The police chief told me they have multiple TAC channels but I can only find two freqs. licensed to them (154.710 - repeater input freq and 155.310 - output freq) both of which are used for their primary radio traffic. Can they operate on freqs that aren't licensed by the FCC? Like I said I can't find any other freqs licensed to that agency.

Thanks for any help

steele_lpd

I know that at work we have a spreadsheet with a ton of freq's and PL's... We have Twin State 1-7 and then Littleton Ch 8 and Littleton Ch 9... I don't have them in front of me right now, but maybe that's what he's talking about? Not to mention LP Ch 2, Tac LP, maybe a public works channel??

Asmitty0010 said:
Does anybody know if Littleton PD uses any TAC channels? The police chief told me they have multiple TAC channels but I can only find two freqs. licensed to them (154.710 - repeater input freq and 155.310 - output freq) both of which are used for their primary radio traffic. Can they operate on freqs that aren't licensed by the FCC? Like I said I can't find any other freqs licensed to that agency.

Thanks for any help

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
I talked to the radio shop here and the Tac channels that Littleton Police use are the same freqs they use for primary ops but there is a big differance on how they use them. They are set up so that when switching to "tac" they are not going through the repeater system. What they do is use the car to car feature (DIR on their Astro spectra radios). You could only hear them if you are within close range of the actual police cruiser and or portable radio they are using in "TAC mode".

As for the LP 2 and Tac LP i'm not sure. These are the only Tac channels I have that are Statewide Police Tac channels:

LP North 155.910
LP South 156.090
SP Tac 159.315 (P25)
Statewide Car to Car 155.475

steele_lpd

LP 2 is also known as "Car to Car" or "Channel 2" and is 155.4750 with a PL of 136.5... Tac LP is 158.7375 witha PL of 136.5... There is also a Tac SP that is 155.4825 with a PL of 136.5.

The two channels I spoke about earlier, "Littleton 8" and "Littleton 9" are 154.2050 and 154.3250, both with a PL of 173.8.

tbone9597 said:
What is LP 2 and Tac LP? Are those the same as LP North LP South? thanks

steele_lpd

That makes sence... Lincoln PD is similar but they call it "Local" or "Direct" and they can use it in analog or digital... most often the cruisers are analog and the portables are digital... it has something to do with the panic alarm...

The way Lincoln's radios are programmed, the DIR button doesn't work, they accually have to go to a different channel... Kinda dumb, but whatever works I guess...

Asmitty0010 said:
I talked to the radio shop here and the Tac channels that Littleton Police use are the same freqs they use for primary ops but there is a big differance on how they use them. They are set up so that when switching to "tac" they are not going through the repeater system. What they do is use the car to car feature (DIR on their Astro spectra radios). You could only hear them if you are within close range of the actual police cruiser and or portable radio they are using in "TAC mode".

As for the LP 2 and Tac LP i'm not sure. These are the only Tac channels I have that are Statewide Police Tac channels:

LP North 155.910
LP South 156.090
SP Tac 159.315 (P25)
Statewide Car to Car 155.475

LPD7

Asmitty0010 said:
I talked to the radio shop here and the Tac channels that Littleton Police use are the same freqs they use for primary ops but there is a big differance on how they use them. They are set up so that when switching to "tac" they are not going through the repeater system. What they do is use the car to car feature (DIR on their Astro spectra radios).

This DIR mode is Direct, AKA Car-to-Car, SImplex. Just for Units on Scene. or mabye in a small area on a suspect search. All is does is eliminate the input and transmit directly on the Main Frequency. Its used alot for the towns with a Repeater. So Littleton Can Utilize these Frequencies:
R= Repeated
S= Simplex (AKA Direct)
1: 155.3100R P25
2: 155.3100S P25
3: 155.3100R PL 136.5
4: 155.3100S PL 136.5
5: 155.4750S PL 136.5 Nationwide Law Tac
6: 155.9100S PL 136.5 NHSP LP-1 North
And Probably More, just keep listning!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.