Littleton PD Encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstockmyer

Seems like lately it sounds like Littleton PD Channel 1 is encrypted. Anyone have any info? Or am I way way off base?

cstockmyer

comm_manager said:
Sounds good to me off of the Chevron Site...Mike

This am it sounds normal. But really early this morning I heard the dispatcher ask for units to turn on or something "option 1" then for the next hour or so it sounded encrypted. But thanks for taking time to listen!

christenorio

cstockmyer said:
This am it sounds normal. But really early this morning I heard the dispatcher ask for units to turn on or something "option 1" then for the next hour or so it sounded encrypted. But thanks for taking time to listen!
littleton pd1 is not using encryption

cstockmyer

christenorio said:
littleton pd1 is not using encryption

Ok, I must of had it mixed up with someone else. I could of swore the screen says Littleton, Sorry!

comm_manager

Good catch. That surely does sound like testing. I didn't know that end users could enable/disable encryption. Very interesting. Do you remember which agency it was?

cstockmyer

comm_manager said:
Good catch. That surely does sound like testing. I didn't know that end users could enable/disable encryption. Very interesting. Do you remember which agency it was?

When I looked at the screen of my scanner it said Littleton, but I am willing to bet that might of been the Tower name. I know that does not narrow it down much, I am really sorry. Next time I will make sure I get the agency name. It was about 0130 till about 0300 or so this morning, after that I passed out and did not notice it.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Well crap. Why am I starting to get the feeling that the 500 might be the last scanner I ever buy with the intent of monitoring what is going on around me (fire and law enforcement-wise)? On my drive to and from SLC over the last two months, I noticed that Garfield Co SO is completely encrypted. It might be common knowledge, but I never really paid attention to it. It's Garfield County! What's so top secret?
I may start diverting the play money solely to photography equipment from now on . . .

cstockmyer

captaincraig44 said:
Well crap. Why am I starting to get the feeling that the 500 might be the last scanner I ever buy with the intent of monitoring what is going on around me (fire and law enforcement-wise)? On my drive to and from SLC over the last two months, I noticed that Garfield Co SO is completely encrypted. It might be common knowledge, but I never really paid attention to it. It's Garfield County! What's so top secret?
I may start diverting the play money solely to photography equipment from now on . . .

Is there anyway the Database could be changed to reflect this? I mean the whole Garfield county being Encrypted.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Garfield County has always been encrypted since they first began moving to DTRS in July.

Believe there have been other threads regarding this.

Jim<

cstockmyer

jimmnn said:
Garfield County has always been encrypted since they first began moving to DTRS in July.

Believe there have been other threads regarding this.

Jim<

I am sure there have been Jim, I was just asking if it was possible to add this information to the Database to make it accurate as possible. That's all.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Done. FWIW, it was GarCo SO Main (8976) that was full time encrytpted and Ch 2 (8977) was going back and forth, often I would hear the dispatch in the clear and mobiles encrypted. Sometimes all were in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.