Live Audio on Blackberry Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to listen to the Live Audio feeds on my new Blackberry Tour (Verizon Network). Every time I try to connect, it won't, and I get the following message: "The server returned the following error while attempting to fulfill your request: 'Connection Timed Out.' "

Can anyone advise how this can be overcome so I can listen to the Live Audio on my cell phone? Thanks in advance for your help.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Get BBScanner... it's a $2.99 app and it works great, Trying to use the BB Media Player is an adventure in headaches

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

AEMTKieran said:
Get BBScanner... it's a $2.99 app and it works great, Trying to use the BB Media Player is an adventure in headaches

I agree...BBscanner is an awesome app. I use it everyday and Gordon works hard on the updates and any concerns his users may have.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Definitely worth it. Even on Thanksgiving, Gordon put out an update. You can follow him on Twitter for update notices, or check his website on a regular basis from your Blackberry browser.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I don't have a blackberry, but I was playing w/ one this afternoon. I went to the "mobile" and then "live audio" under radioreference and was able to listen to the system I selected (Fairfax, Va). Just wondering if there is a downside to this or if it's better to buy the bbscanner app?

hvscan

I've only accessed the feeds on my Blackberry via Gordon's app, so I'm not sure.

jimg

Premium Subscriber

I've only accessed the feeds on my Blackberry via Gordon's app, so I'm not sure.

I have tried several times to listen on RR/Live Audio on my BB Tour, but everytime I try to download it, I get the same message: "The server returned the following error while attempting to fulfill you request: 'Connection Timed Out'." I assume it is the Verizon or Blackberry server; I'm not sure. I have only been able to listen to feeds on the BB Scanner application, which I paid $4.99 about a month ago. It was suppossed to be a one-time charge, but now I get a message "trial period over," or something like that, and it cuts off! I have posted a message on BBScanner.com this morning, asking why this is happening, but it may be a day or so before I receive a reply.

PeterGV

K1PGV
Hmmmm... audio playback "just works" on MY Blackberry Tour. It starts to get the media stream and it asks "What do you want to do: Save the file, play in media player" -- I click on the "play in media player" choice and... the audio plays great.

No tags, though, which is too bad.

Peter
K1PGV

nexus

I didn't even know this application existed, I've been trying for months now to try and listen to my feed on my Tour but only using the media player built in to the BB. It's a crap shoot, some times it would work, and then some times it would work for a few minutes and then time out, and most times it wouldn't even connect. I gave up!

Tonight Dec 25 I'm scouring the forum and find this thread, I downloaded BBScanner 10 min ago and I've been sucessfully listening to my feed without any problems. THANKS GORDON! You'll be getting my money for the app soon.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
Yes, and paid my $4.99 thru PayPal.
Is your copy still saying it's in trial mode?

If so, e-mail me by selecting the "Email Developer" menu item within BBScanner (when you're on the top-level directory screen). In the e-mail include the PayPal address you used when you registered.

Thanks,
Gordon

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Is your copy still saying it's in trial mode?

If so, e-mail me by selecting the "Email Developer" menu item within BBScanner (when you're on the top-level directory screen). In the e-mail include the PayPal address you used when you registered.

Thanks,
Gordon

Yes, it plays for a couple of minutes and then the screen says "! The trial period has ended." and cuts me off. I will have to wait until I get back into my office to get the PayPal information when I registered.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
I found the problem, you made a typo when you entered your PIN when you registered. I'll contact you via e-mail to get your correct PIN.

hvscan

Gordon always gets it done for the users of BBScanner!

Status
Not open for further replies.