Live Audio Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

t0xPro-197

Premium Subscriber
not too offend anyone but i agree with nfd24norf and i wouldnt be offended if someone had abetter sounding feed then mine is im trying too improve on mine but when theres alot cleaer feed i wouldnt blameem just my 1 cents worth

richtidd

Database Admin
I am sure I am about to irritate some so I do apologize in advance. My biggest gripe is not allowing duplicate feeds. For example, both the Boston Fire Dept and Houston Fire Dept feeds are extremely, extremely staticy. I dont mean to pick on just those 2 because there are quite a few more that I could name off but anyhow, not allowing duplicate feeds does not allow competition. I have chatted with several people who want to provide a better audio quality Boston Fire Dept feed and are able to provide a feed with clearer audio and no static but are unable due to duplicate feed rule. Same deal with Houston. About 2 months ago there was a Baltimore City Fire Dept feed with no audio. Several people tried to contact the feed provider over a 2 month period and a person who wanted to provide a working Baltimore City FD feed was unable due to the duplicate feed rule. So what if 2 people want to provide the same feed? Let the listeners pick which one sounds better. I also have been in contact with someone who wants to provide a Houston Fire Dept feed. Take a listen to the current Houston Fire feed,(turn your speakers down before you do!!!) it is completely nothing but garbled static, I dont understand if someone can provide a better quality feed why they are not allowed. If someone is able to provide a better audio quality or improved signal they are unable due to the duplicate feed rule. I am hoping someone will be able to explain why the duplicate feed rule should remain.

We do not allow duplicate feeds, that is exact same feeds for several reasons, some include:
1 We do not want feed owners fighting over each other.

2 We do not want to pay to host the same feed more than once.
If we allowed duplicate feeds it could be more that just two.
It could be three, four or more feeds that we pay to host.
That is also a wast of resources & mounts.
It would cost us a lot of $$ in hosting duplicate feeds.

As far a feed quality:
We do & have bumped an existing feed in favor of a better feed for the same agencies.
Better feed would be better audio, location, up time, etc.

So, while we do not allow duplicate feeds, we do take a better feed over an existing poorer feed.

If you want to apply for a feed that already exists, we will first try to work with the feed owner to improve that feed. If that does not work, we can approve the new better feed & disable the existing feed to not have feed conflects. All we need to know from a new feed owner is the reason why they are submitting for a duplicate feed.

KC9NEG

We do not allow duplicate feeds, that is exact same feeds for several reasons, some include:
1 We do not want feed owners fighting over each other.

2 We do not want to pay to host the same feed more than once.
If we allowed duplicate feeds it could be more that just two.
It could be three, four or more feeds that we pay to host.
That is also a wast of resources & mounts.
It would cost us a lot of $$ in hosting duplicate feeds.

As far a feed quality:
We do & have bumped an existing feed in favor of a better feed for the same agencies.
Better feed would be better audio, location, up time, etc.

So, while we do not allow duplicate feeds, we do take a better feed over an existing poorer feed.

If you want to apply for a feed that already exists, we will first try to work with the feed owner to improve that feed. If that does not work, we can approve the new better feed & disable the existing feed to not have feed conflects. All we need to know from a new feed owner is the reason why they are submitting for a duplicate feed.

I am sure I am about to irritate some so I do apologize in advance. My biggest gripe is not allowing duplicate feeds. For example, both the Boston Fire Dept and Houston Fire Dept feeds are extremely, extremely staticy. I dont mean to pick on just those 2 because there are quite a few more that I could name off but anyhow, not allowing duplicate feeds does not allow competition. I have chatted with several people who want to provide a better audio quality Boston Fire Dept feed and are able to provide a feed with clearer audio and no static but are unable due to duplicate feed rule. Same deal with Houston. About 2 months ago there was a Baltimore City Fire Dept feed with no audio. Several people tried to contact the feed provider over a 2 month period and a person who wanted to provide a working Baltimore City FD feed was unable due to the duplicate feed rule. So what if 2 people want to provide the same feed? Let the listeners pick which one sounds better. I also have been in contact with someone who wants to provide a Houston Fire Dept feed. Take a listen to the current Houston Fire feed,(turn your speakers down before you do!!!) it is completely nothing but garbled static, I dont understand if someone can provide a better quality feed why they are not allowed. If someone is able to provide a better audio quality or improved signal they are unable due to the duplicate feed rule. I am hoping someone will be able to explain why the duplicate feed rule should remain.

Richard, I'm going to email you re: this.

Thanks,

Vpatt

Wondering if anyone knows if there is anywhere that you can post a request for a feed? Looking for Anne Arundel County police, all districts. Someone used to do a wonderful job with it but moved out of the area. Currently someone provides southern district only. We are out of range but really miss the previous feed. Any ideas as to how or if a request could be posted would be greatly appreciated.

alphanull25

Feed Provider Stats Page

Hi. I was thinking that it would be cool to have statistics of what other countries or states are listening to the feed. My feed comes from Queensland in Australia and I am curious if people from USA or Canada listen to it, for example.
Sorry if this has been asked already. Couldn't see it anywhere
Cheers

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Premium Subscriber
I would like to see the ability to have a push alert sent to an email or mobile phone number when a "breaking incident" is posted on the Feed Alert page. If it's already there, I can't see it.

Also, where is my Audio Feed Provider badge? I haven't seen it yet.

rcool101

Feed Provider
I use Scanner Radio Pro app. for Android. I have an alert set for 1000 listeners on Broadcastify Alerts. You can set it for what ever amount you want. When it gets to that limit my phone beeps (OK, its a Rooster). My own feed I have it set to 35. I hardly listen to my feed. Too many scanners....On Broadcastify .....Manage feed... If you checked Anonymous Feed You wont get a badge on here. Uncheck it for a badge

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Premium Subscriber
I use Scanner Radio Pro app. for Android. I have an alert set for 1000 listeners on Broadcastify Alerts. You can set it for what ever amount you want. When it gets to that limit my phone beeps (OK, its a Rooster). My own feed I have it set to 35. I hardly listen to my feed. Too many scanners....On Broadcastify .....Manage feed... If you checked Anonymous Feed You wont get a badge on here. Uncheck it for a badge

Thanks for the Anonymous Feed thing. I've removed the check mark. I'm looking for this ability:

Let's say I have Corpus Christi PD as one of my favorite feeds. I'd like to have a push alert or notification when the feed broadcaster adds an alert for a "breaking incident."

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Feed Status Timer

I think it would be neat to incorporate a timer to show how long a feed has been online/offline. This info is available to feed providers for their own feed, but why not make it public for all feeds. Could be as simple as the date and time under the status.

Thoughts?

rcool101

Feed Provider
Ok how about this...A password protected feed on Broadcastify. Which can be changed bimonthly to whoever the provider deems worthy. or more likely a users name would be keep on file by the provider so basically he would know the participants or Al least their sign ins. So basically this would be a private feed but on Broadcastify. Or how bout charging them a monthly fee for this service for your troubles...Yea...Yea That's the ticket......:D

lukemester

Feed Provider
Notification on number of feed listeners.

An optional e-mail or SMS notification when feed listeners go above or below a selected value. Low numbers may mean a feed problem. Noisy, scanner dead etc.

Low setting only useful for feed providers.

A high alert setting would be very useful for everyone. I did a quick check of my feed a few weeks ago and noticed a huge number of listeners. I decided to listen for a few minutes and found that roads were icy. Lots of accidents.

TangoFox

Maybe it's just me. I'd love to have an IRC type chat for each feed. Obviously hard (impossible?) to directly administrate, it'd allow users to discuss what they're hearing. Might get more people to listen (and talk) longer.

Last edited:

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Maybe it's just me. I'd love to have an IRC type chat for each feed. Obviously hard (impossible?) to directly administrate, it'd allow users to discuss what they're hearing. Might get more people to listen (and talk) longer.

Feed details supports HTML as far as I know. Some people put Twitter feeds in their details. Could try www.tlk.io, a simple embeddable web chat. Not sure if this is against policy though.

n0nhp

Early on, Yahoo groups had a live chat option. When I first had my feed on ShoutCast I opened a chat on the group I started for my feed. The only chatters were the ones looking for SWGM or the like. I killed it and the group in about a week.
As the mods here can tell you, if there is an opening there will be abuse. I don't have time to moderate an IRC channel for my feed and wouldn't expect someone else to do it for me.
Bruce

kibler

Feed Provider
I'm always looking for ways to improve my scanner feed. I provide a multi agency stereo feed and it is common for me to add or delete certain bands for the overall good of the feed. I would like to see a comment/suggestion button added to the feeds. I'm not sure my listeners understand the report a problem button, or that it directly links to me. I've only had 3 or 4 listeners use the report a problem button for concerns regarding the feed. It would be cool to gather geographical data, similar to what Youtube provides in order to see which town has the majority of listeners in it. Just a thought..
Hello saleen49,,,,,,thanks for the post, those are my thoughts also! Would be nice to know where my listeners are! This would be an aid in providing channels that people really wanted to listen to! I provide a feed for the listeners to enjoy and not because I get a lot in return! Ok RR I do enjoy the extra information that I have access to! Thnaks

Mylan

Feed Provider
on the feed owner CP, under the "General Details" header...
Is there any chance of adding: "Send feed problem reports to my alternate notify address" ?

I see that that it is an option for "feed down notifications" to be sent to two addresses but not for feed problems... Here's why I'm asking:

I rarely get around to checking email and do not get email on my phone, therefore I listed my phone's text message email for the primary notification...
When someone sends me a problem report it goes to my phone but the text message that RR dispatches is always cut off after a line or two and since this problem report doesn't go to my standard email I have no clue what the user was complaining about, whereas if it were to go to my alternate notify I would be able to go check my email and see what the problem is.. (Fortunately I rarely have problems with the feed but it would be nice to know what is happening when the time arises)....

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
How about the ability to have feeds listed under more than 1 genre. For example a feed that streams a fire department and amateur radio repeater, it could be listed under both Public Safety and Amateur. That way it can be found in both directories if a user decides to use sorting.

Status
Not open for further replies.