live by loews

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm32935

Premium Subscriber
Found the FCC freqs on rr for live by loews.
Cant tell what type of system and talk groups if any.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Found the FCC freqs on rr for live by loews.
Cant tell what type of system and talk groups if any.

Look at the emission codes:
1623606237256.png

Those indicate that they'll be using DMR. It's not licensed as a trunked system, but DMR supports using talkgroups even on frequencies used in a conventional mode.

Which scanner are you trying to program? There is not a system in the database that includes this license. The license was issued (or modified to add the Arlington location) this past January. Somebody will need to monitor it, either with a scanner or one of the SDR dongles, to find what talkgroups are in use, and determine their individual usage.

jm32935

Premium Subscriber

Look at the emission codes:
View attachment 104994

Those indicate that they'll be using DMR. It's not licensed as a trunked system, but DMR supports using talkgroups even on frequencies used in a conventional mode.

Which scanner are you trying to program? There is not a system in the database that includes this license. The license was issued (or modified to add the Arlington location) this past January. Somebody will need to monitor it, either with a scanner or one of the SDR dongles, to find what talkgroups are in use, and determine their individual usage.

jm32935

Premium Subscriber
I have the DMR upgrade however if I am adding in a new Favorite I am curious to know if I should program as CONVENTIONAL with the 5 uhf frequencies

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the DMR upgrade however if I am adding in a new Favorite I am curious to know if I should program as CONVENTIONAL with the 5 uhf frequencies
Since these are DMR frequencies, create a One Frequency Trunked system in Sentinel for it.

Enter each frequency as a separate site in the OFT system. Create a Department, & enter a "place-keeper" talkgroup in it & set the mode for the system to ID Search. That way, if they are using specific talkgroups for specified functions (housekeeping, maintenance, security, etc), you'll see those. If entered as conventional, you'd only see (and hear) a transmission, without any indication of what department it might be.

1623684581169.png
1623684626175.png
1623684671966.png
1623684741419.png
1623684774689.png

The 'dummy' TGID, and the Department, are required to have the scanner monitor for activity.
ID Search ensures that when there is a transmission,you'll see the talkgroup, even though none are programmed yet.
Each frequency, for an OFT system, has to be in a single site.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you are using software such as ProScan or ARC536 Pro, you would be able to log activity, and record transmissions for later review. Listening to a string of them, you'll be able to see a pattern of what each TGID is used for. You may have one used for room service, one for valet, housekeeping, parking, etc. Any number of different functions in a hotel.

Setting the Color Code, initially, to Search will let you see any transmissions on the frequency. With enough activity, you'll be able to narrow it down to what that location actually uses. Here in the DFW area, many of these frequencies have multiple users. Once you figure out, for example, that "Color Code 5" (or a different number) is the hotel, you can enter that so that you would no longer catch activity from one or more other users of the frequency, who are with other companies unconnected to Lowes.

jm32935

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again for the updates.
So far only one talk group ID popped up but with no voice transmission.

I do see the SDS 100 scanning through each site however still no voice transmissions.

If I program it as a conventional system in a separate favorite will it decode dmr?

I have it programmed exactly as you indicated above.

Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks again for the updates.
So far only one talk group ID popped up but with no voice transmission.

I do see the SDS 100 scanning through each site however still no voice transmissions.

If I program it as a conventional system in a separate favorite will it decode dmr?

I have it programmed exactly as you indicated above.

Thanks
You can program these as individual conventional frequencies. While the scanner could still receive them, but you would not see any indication of the talkgroup.

Hotel systems can be boring, with long breaks between conversations. I have the much larger Omni and Hyatt Regency Dallas hotels set up, and even on those, conversations can be few & far between at times.

I suspect that your particular hotel would be much busier when there was some event at AT&T stadium or over at Globe Life, or some other convention in the Arlington area.

jm32935

Premium Subscriber
You can program these as individual conventional frequencies. While the scanner could still receive them, but you would not see any indication of the talkgroup.

Hotel systems can be boring, with long breaks between conversations. I have the much larger Omni and Hyatt Regency Dallas hotels set up, and even on those, conversations can be few & far between at times.

I suspect that your particular hotel would be much busier when there was some event at AT&T stadium or over at Globe Life, or some other convention in the Arlington area.
Great points.
I'll keep monitoring.

I am not used to DMR related programming

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Just a side note, watch the display when the scanner hits on traffic, it will (or should) display digital status being DMR, CAP, CAP+ which could give you a better idea on how to program later. My bet is Lowes is Conventional DMR but programming as single site DMR like Steve suggests will give you more information and allow you to create talkgroups.

Hotel scanning jumps around check-out time, breakfast and dinner and check-in time usually between 4-7pm. Weekends can be busy with maintenance issues especially if the hotel has a pool and the THI is 120 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.