Live Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinetic_skink

Hi,

I've been searching for some sort of live chat (Chat Room / IRC etc), with no luck

Is there one folks tend to use, and if there isn't would there be interest in one?

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Live chat? I dont think we need one as everyone here basically posts and replies quickly so its almost like a real chat room.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
Actually isn't the new beta dispatch console that has the dispatches on the right side and a dispatch chat on the left side, is live as long as you are logged in to it and are a dispatcher and hope the dispatch ID's are paying attention to the chat :)

kinetic_skink

Basically I am looking for something so non boradcasters can let others know when something interesting is happening.

Even perhaps just an 'official' twitter hashtag?

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

kinetic_skink

I can fully understand that. There likely just wouldn't be enough happening to sustain a chat.

That was why the idea of an 'official' radioreference/broadcastify twitter hashtag might be a good idea. Tweets are probably ideal to 'alert' and have minor discussion when interesting things. The site could then use the hashtag to post alerts from the alert page to as well. My other wishlist thing has always been some for of alerts feed rather than refreshing or have to have a 3rd party program screen scrape

No maintenance either :)

rcool101

Feed Provider
Anymore,I think there's plenty going on. I use Scanner Radio Pro phone app and always check The Top 50 Feeds and Broadcastify Alerts. Gordan used to have chat on there but its gone too. Nice when there were 500 listeners on a feed and you could go to chat and see why. There were plenty of people on chat all the time and it was about the feeds

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.