Live Feed for Lexington Fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crawfordt

I am wondering if there is anyone who has thought about streaming a feed online for Lexington Fire/EMS. I lived in Lexington for awhile, and enjoyed listening to the radio traffic. I have now moved to South Carolina, and obviously can no longer listen to Lexington. I am interested in setting up a feed, but not sure how that would work out with me not actually being there except for once or twice a month.
Anyways, I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

Thanks.

mlinthicum

We're also looking for someone to establish a live feed of Lexington FD. We will be more then glad to host it on our TeamSpeak server, at no cost!

crawfordt

I half played with the idea of setting up the equipment at a friend's place, during one of my visits to Lexington, however I would have no way of re-starting or troubleshooting the feed after the initial startup, as I spend most of my time in South Carolina.

squad546

How hard is it to do? Once I get a scanner that I can pick up the FD on I could with a little help.

crawfordt

The way I've connected my scanner to my PC (for recording purposes) is just via a cable from Radio Shack. It goes into the audio/headset plug on the scanner and then into another audio plug on the back of the actual computer. There's software available that will let you stream. I am not extremely knowledgable about the software end of it, so maybe someone else could provide some info for you.
I have a certain computer terminal that I am setting up just for streaming my scanner. One of these days I'll get around to streaming (Greenville SC EMS and Fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.