Live Feed for NOLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

I'm just wondering why no one has decided to put up a feed of NOPD now that they're no longer using Provoice. Someone (no idea who it is) is feeding NOFD but to that is too boring to listen to. I have no idea who is providing that feed so I can't ask them directly why not feed at least one of the PD district dispatch talkgroups?

Is there some kind of thing going on where nopd has faught to keep live feeds of their tg's off the net? I enjoyed listening to them while in town for the game monday night. It would be cool to listen to them from home too.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I don't know the exact answer, but I would suggest one reason is that it is difficult to pick the district to monitor. I mean if you streamed 2nd district, someone would complain that you should do the French Quarter. You can't really monitor all the districts (8) because of the level of activity, you can't follow what is going on. The same could be said for JP, which uses 4 channels (2 on east bank, 2 on west bank) not to mention the other agencies available (e.g., Kenner, Harahan, Orleans Parish SO, Causeway PD, etc.) that could be interesting.

I liken the NOLA area a lot with the Houston area, for example, if you lived on the west side of Houston (say South of I-10) you would be interested in 3 different dispatch channels for monitoring of just the law enforcement (HPD west-side, HCSO Ch 4, & Constables Pct 5). If you live there and don't want to miss anything, it means you need 3 separate scanners, if you want to stream just that area, you need the same just for Law Enforcement.

nexus

LOU I see your point but NOFD has different districts I would imagine but yet someone on here is feeding them.

PROJECTNOLA, thanks for the link I bookmarked it. I went to the site but the audio coming from your feeds are too low the speakers on this pc I use. If I could of used windows media player or winamp to listen I'd be able to boost the audio enough to hear it. I'll have to check it out when I'm not at work. The site is a bit confusing for me, seems very saturated with information.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
LOU I see your point but NOFD has different districts I would imagine but yet someone on here is feeding them.
I am sure they do, but if they operate like all other large FDs, they are dispatched on a single channel then move to an OPS or TAC channel for operations.

projectnola

nexus - On each one of the scanner player boxes, you will see a speaker. Mouse over the speaker, and it will greatly increase the volume.

I know that it has much information... but, that is the nature of the site. If you live in the area, the crime information should prove to be useful. Thanks for the input, and take care.

nexus

projectnola, thanks again for the site.

I'm aware of the volume control on the java player you have embeded, that doesn't help me any, at work where I do most of my listening I am forced to use non-amplifed speakers attached to the PC, and the volume as maxed out as possible and is already low coming through windows media player/winamp, but the volume coming out through the java is too weak to hear.

No I don't live close enough, I am about 1 1/2 hours east of New Orleans in Mississippi, just out side of Biloxi, so I'm out of the area to pick them up or be interested in alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.