Live feed no audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

splash1

Premium Subscriber
Hello

I have received two notices from rr about reports that listeners are not hearing any audio. When i receive these notices i have checked via another computer and my blackberry. My feed seems to be working fine.
I have noticed that scanner cast will go off line for a few seconds then restart, no idea why. I have also received notices that my feed was down and it was up and running fine.
Any help would be appreciated.

Linn, Johnson, Jones, Cedar counties Sheriff, Police, Fire, and EMS Live Scanner Audio Feed

Iowa (Linn ,Jones ,Cedar ,Johnson co)

hoser147

I took a brief listen and was working fine. It could have been that there was no traffic at the time the listeners were on. I had one listener that requested I change the feed and I explained why its setup that way and its not going to change to suit them. Later on, Thanksgiving evening they decided to start using the report a problem, Kendrick was great about it and sent them a email also on the matter and so far its been resolved. Also Microsoft done an update which caused a few Feed Providers problems may want to check out this thread http://forums.radioreference.com/live-audio-administration/166512-feeds-wont-reconnect.html

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
splash,

As Hoser said, when a feed is inactive some people will report that there is no audio. I guess people think there should be constant transmissions, when, we who listen to receievers know, that's not always the case. If you're getting good tests (and everyone else seems to as well) I'd ignore it.

truckie36

Feed Provider
They may need to refresh their page if they have been listening for a long time.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
when a feed is inactive some people will report that there is no audio.

You mean "Offline", if the feed is "inactive" it will not appear on the maps.:)

Edit: Just came to mind what you meant. When there is no one talking.:lol:. I read that one to fast.

Last edited:

splash1

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to all.
That's what i was thinking ,but wasn't sure if i was missing something.
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.