Live feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

Curious to know,if i am providing a live feed,does everyone have to listen to the volume i have it set at,or can i set my volume to 0 and they turn it up on their own? My wife aint gonna listen to it day and night lol

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Well you have to have some volume on the scanner or else it will not get any audio. It does not have to be loud but its got to be up enough that its getting the audio.

georgew0819

Live feed setting

Use the headphone jack on the scanner and plug the other end in the mic input on the computer. Right click the little speaker on the task bar and click on "Open Volume Control". Click on "Options", then on "Properties". Click on "Recording" then on the "OK" Tab. Use the "Mic Volume" setting to set you feed volume and make sure the select box under the Mic setting is checked.

Once your happy with the audio level of the feed, click on Options then Properties and select the Playback button and click the OK Tab. When that opens click the Mute box under Mic Volume and close the box.

This way the feed is not heard in the room or when playing games, music or videos on the computer. If you want to hear the feed you can listen to it on RR. This keeps everyone happy.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Rec Out

Curious to know,if i am providing a live feed,does everyone have to listen to the volume i have it set at,or can i set my volume to 0 and they turn it up on their own? My wife aint gonna listen to it day and night lol

Not knowing the type of scanner...My BCD 996T I use the REC OUT jack and the volume can be zero or full blast. The REC OUT is a LINE output level and is NOT controlled by the VOL Knob. Of course, you have to set the channels you broadcast to REC to get any sound on the REC OUT Jack. Thus, when I go to bed I turn the VOL all the way down and the scanner is Quiet all night but still broadcasts online.

KC9LVX Evansville, In Feed

mjbjr

Ok so i need a bit of help.I have the scanner up and running,i have the cable plugged into the mic on the scanner,and the mic on the pc.Anyone hear it?

Status
Not open for further replies.