Live Feeds in North Dakota

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTRO2001

To all scanner people in North Dakota I put up the first public Safety Live Feed in North Dakota and if you want to start one it is not hard at all. Don't be mad but I fell North Dakota people are scared to put up a live feed and they could get in trouble No you can't I would like to cover many more county but I got a full load now and I like to see more in North Dakota soon to cover Police,Fire and Ems. I would like if someone cover the Minot area since I live over 50 miles away and I can't pick up Minot FD, Rural FD and more

My computer does not slow down at all and I have seen no change in speed at all any scanner or radio works you just have to set you volume at about 1/4 high and plug a cable in the the speaker jack from the scanner then in to the mic jack to you computer that all. Radio Reference has the FREE software for it.

Last edited:

ASTRO2001

To all scanner people in North Dakota I put up the first public Safety Live Feed in North Dakota and if you want to start one it is not hard at all. Don't be mad but I fell North Dakota people are scared to put up a live feed and they could get in trouble No you can't I would like to cover many more county but I got a full load now and I like to see more in North Dakota soon to cover Police,Fire and Ems. I would like if someone cover the Minot area since I live over 50 miles away and I can't pick up Minot FD, Rural FD and more

My computer does not slow down at all and I have seen no change in speed at all any scanner or radio works you just have to set you volume at about 1/4 high and plug a cable in the the speaker jack from the scanner then in to the mic jack to you computer that all. Radio Reference has the FREE software for it.

The only Public safety feed in ND has gone I have moved so no more also the state that people are to scared to put there own feed up becuase North Dakota people are quite and don't want nothing so the only USA state that does not have a Live feed in Public safety

BisManRadio

Well thats too bad, but I guess its the way it goes sometimes. At this time, I dont want to put a feed up myself and feel that Im not obligated to do so either. If someone like yourself wishes to provide one, I commend you for that. However not everyone wishes to do so. Listening to ND traffic in this area is pretty boring. All LE is encrypted. Fire/EMS traffic is pretty quiet except for an occasional call here and there. If someone lived in the Fargo, Grand Forks areas, then I could see streaming Police,Fire and EMS traffic.

The only thing that has alot of constant or semi regular traffic would be Aviation and maybe rail if you live near a rail yard. Thanks for providing a feed, Im sure some people will miss it.

ASTRO2001

NORTH DAKOTA HAS NO LIVE FEEDS/ Digital radio DUMB

It is Sad to see the whole US States except North Dakota has not one live feed at all. You can broadcast a live feed on this site in Digital P25 i know some use encrypted but not all you still have lots of city that are not encrypted yet and county becuase I program radio in the state and I know for a fact the Vol. FD and ems and some sheriff's dept. can't pay for encrypted it cost so much $$$$ and they have to talk to each other. It would cost millions if not billions to covert the whole state of North Dakota to Digital P25 encrypted and grant for new radio's are DRYING up. Also there are lots of fire dept in North Dakota that have pagers and they don't make a digital pager and talking with motorola it is hard to make one just think this Mandan City Fire Dept they page them on analog to a call and then they switch to Digital Encryption when they repond that is so Dumb beacuse we just heard your call is.North Dakota state radio was DENIED for new radio tower sites for there P25 system beacuse you a repeater about every 14 mile apart from each other if you think it was hard to talk on digital far away and radio tower are $$$$$ not cheap at all. Analog almost the same way look at Ward co. they have a new system that have 6 Repeater that are link together on the same freq 155.625 and that is analog and I know the 911 corr. he said it is going to be a long time before they go digital and the cost. also the Fire dept just look at news stories that digital radio system are Bad for Fire Dept there is a case in the mid west that they found that two firefighter died in a fire because the new digitial radio would not work in a fire that they where at and the N.F.P.A says that Fire Dept does not need to covert to digital system and does not like it at all.North Dakota is going the wrong way right now in radio system just look at the Dallas,Fort Worth, New York City and many more there not Digital little lone encrypted.

BisManRadio

You make alot of valid points and I agree with all of em. Around this area though, they dont think that way. Eastern part of the state seems to be very open to the citizens like Fargo for example, most radio comms are in the clear even if they are P25. They also provide a website that people can look at to see what kind of calls were dispatched in town. I just wished the rest of the state had the same outlook like the fargo area does.

ASTRO2001

New Feed

I will try to keep this feed for sometime I not going to have all the Agencys like last time

dlrfd216

Premium Subscriber
FM Metro feeds

Hi, new to radio reference. Have monitored this site from time to time and always enjoyed it. Live in FM Metro area and have been recently thinking about setting up as a feed provider for our area. Was reading your comments Astro2001 with great interest. I do have to say the monitoring in FM area is super. They only seem to encrypt when there is sensitive or confidential info to say. Probably the only downside to monitoring here is that during certain parts of the day, the radio traffic is so congested that you don't always hear responses on radio traffic unless you put the delay on every channel. The channels I monitor constantly are: Fargo PD channel 1 & 2, FM Metro channel, Fargo FD dispatch and fireground, Cass SO, Cass fire depts and first responders, Clay SO, West Fargo PD & FD, Moorhead PD & FD, Dilworth PD (which uses Clay SO channel), Clay county fire depts (West), NDSU PD, ND State Radio channels 1 & 2, I suppose I should not forget FM Ambulance channel (their channel is almost as busy as Fargo PD at times). Anyways, wanted to respond to your comments, I want to become a feed provider, it's just a matter of me taking the time to set it up !!!! Hit me back sometime.

ASTRO2001

feed

dlrfd216 yea they encrypt when there is sensitive or confidential is this area to so I don't matter it is alot of the time bank and holdup alarms. You putting up a feed would be ok it is not hard at all I wish more in FM area would do the same

ASTRO2001

More feeds

Wow we have a new feed in ND and talking with the new feed user he has a Rail feed he will be taking over the area I have been covering for a bit Minot PD, FD and I think Rural FD and burlington FD in the next week or so. I on the other hand will be adding either Morton or Mountrail county let me know people what county do you what me to my feed just send me a message on the Radio Reference account and I see whats next on my feed.

Also to all the user in the Eastern ND step up to the plate it is your turn there are still some channel not Encrypted yet. Radio Reference now has over 2000 feed and growing each day

ASTRO2001

Dickinson Live feed?/ Minot area

I heard the New feed in Dickinson I told the guy that has the feed in a email that Dickinson POLICE is (DIGITAL P25) that if you you want to hear them you got to get a DIGITAL Scanner beacuse I can hear the digital on the feed. Also in other feed news I turn over he Minot area feed to the guy that has the rail feed in Minot he is working on it he will be covering Minot PD,FD,RFD

K

kb0nly

Who wants to waste a 4-500 dollar radio on a scanner feed ????

How is it a waste??

Here is how i look at it.. I have two scanners that are on 24/7 for my own listening pleasure, one for SD and one for MN. Since they are always on anyway why not share the audio from them to others? And hence my scanner feeds.

A waste would be to buy a $4-500 radio and never use it to its full potential!!

ASTRO2001

How is it a waste??

Here is how i look at it.. I have two scanners that are on 24/7 for my own listening pleasure, one for SD and one for MN. Since they are always on anyway why not share the audio from them to others? And hence my scanner feeds.

A waste would be to buy a $4-500 radio and never use it to its full potential!!

TO NDRADIONUT first are you scared to display your user ID I was right some ND people are to scared to say who it is,but to the point I have 2 digital scanner and it is the best investment I made better for me than you your in the dark then when it comes to that it not a waste

BisManRadio

Hey Astro with all due respect, your live feeds listing may be somewhat misleading. I cant comment on Ward County since Ive never monitored them but, Morton County Sheriff is encrypted. The RR database lists McLean County Sheriff as encrypted. Can you confirm that about Mclean county? or is it just the county rural fire/ems pages that you are streaming from Morton and Mclean county?

I would like more info on the Dickinson feed. The person that was streaming it will he put it back up? or...does he not have a digital scanner to stream the PD?

Thanks

Maybe one day Ill host a audio feed of the airport and aviation freqs here. Im not sure yet if I really want to get into it, But Ill do some checking.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ASTRO2001

Bisman Mclean sheriff's they where digital encrypted at one time they had to switch back because they only have one repeater for there digital channel which is 151.205 it is both Analog and Digital Repeater it didn't work well when you where 60miles from the repeater on Digital beacuse I told everyone the man in the Minot Police Dept i knew him he has since ret. he told me for digital repeater to work right a tower should be 14 miles apart that is why mclean had to switch back to analog. Morton county is this freq 155.3100 that is not encrypted. The req 155.625 that is morton county too is encrypted.Morton and Ward share the same freq ALSO Ward is not encrypted they are still analog with 6 repeater simulcasting. Also with that Dickinson feed that guy seems not to need any help i ask him he is doing it wrong just my 2 cents

Bisman I don't think Bismarck FD is encryted yet. you could to a feed with them. I hear them when i go to bismarck or try to pick up a other county ?

Everyone in North Dakota Pubic Safety you are just asking for Digital and Encrypted is not ready yet you will have problems I hope no one get hurt in a Fire or a call with you can't call out. There is one of many incidents like this one two firefighter got lost in a building fire and they where asking for help and no one on the fire ground heared them but a engine co. Miles away did, and then 2 firefighter DIED when there Digital radio failed they switch back to analog then and a almost the same incident they did hear them.TO ALL FIRE DEPT. IN NORTH DAKOTA THE NFPA SAYS NO TO DIGITAL EVEN ON FIREGROUNF CHANNEL.Just look at New York,Dallas,Fort Worth, Chicago they are not even DIGITAL or ENCRYPTED and they are twice or more Population

Last edited:

BisManRadio

Ok, thanks for clarifying. The Morton frequency of 155.3100 is rural fire/ems.

Bismarck FD is not yet encrypted, but will be soon once they change over from UHF to VHF. But no new frequency assignments have been granted so really who knows when they will start making the switch. I was told by someone in the know that it will be this year. but again, they arent moving real fast on it, so who knows when.

ASTRO2001

Ok, thanks for clarifying. The Morton frequency of 155.3100 is rural fire/ems.

Bismarck FD is not yet encrypted, but will be soon once they change over from UHF to VHF. But no new frequency assignments have been granted so really who knows when they will start making the switch. I was told by someone in the know that it will be this year. but again, they arent moving real fast on it, so who knows when.

I talked with a Motorola tech in bismarck he told me it will be awhile or even years it takes time reviews and bid and etc

Status
Not open for further replies.