Live feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

jekfireman

not sure if this is right forum page but here goes, I know a lot of the feed providers are ham operators,but I thought the origional intent of this site and the old scan america was to provide public seervice ,police and fire feeds.there are more and more feeds providing amature radio repeaters and rail and airport feeds.I know it is the feed providers choice,but why the sudden changes especially in the Florida feeds? Maybe a survey should be taken to determin what the listeners want. Not being a ham operator it is of no use to me to have a live feed of this nature,and can't ham operators communicate world wide,why post a repeater feed? thats my question and comment.

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I hate to be blunt and don't take this personally... nor do I want to start a flame war here... but I stream what I listen to. What folks want to hear or what a survey would indicate doesn't enter into my thinking. Again... I listen to what I stream. I'm the one who pays for the scanner, internet connection, computer, etc. I'm also a ham radio operator and I don't stream any ham radio comms. I don't think there's a connection there either. Streamers probably chose what to stream based on what their interest is. I don't know how Lindsay feels about this issue... but I'd guess RR enjoys the diversity of the streams. RR is a business... the more people that visit the site and view and or click on the ads is what supports RR unless Lindsay won the lottery last year and can't figure out what to do with the money?! :)

richtidd

Database Admin
not sure if this is right forum page but here goes, I know a lot of the feed providers are ham operators,but I thought the origional intent of this site and the old scan america was to provide public seervice ,police and fire feeds.there are more and more feeds providing amature radio repeaters and rail and airport feeds.I know it is the feed providers choice,but why the sudden changes especially in the Florida feeds? Maybe a survey should be taken to determin what the listeners want. Not being a ham operator it is of no use to me to have a live feed of this nature,and can't ham operators communicate world wide,why post a repeater feed? thats my question and comment.

RR Live Audio and the former ScanAmerica supports feeds in the following genre's:
Public Safety
Rail
Amateur Radio
Marine
Aircraft
Other

We have no limit as to the number of a specific feed genre in a given area.

Feed owners are volunteers and we accept most all feeds that meet our TOS. The feeds they supply are the feeds they want to listen to or what they feel others want to listen to.

We welcome all feeds in the above areas also long as they are not exact duplicates of existing feeds.

We reject feeds for FRS, GMRS, buss services and many others for reasons like "who wants to listen to that".

We reject Federal, Military etc. feeds as these do not comply with the TOS.

There has been no sudden change. It is that more feeds are coming online than ever before.

Most of the feeds we host are Public Safety feeds.

Yes, more Rail, Aircraft, and Amateur feeds are being broadcast.

Many of the Amateur feeds are ARES, RACES or Skywarn & provide the public with needed info.

We welcome the diversity of our feeds and remember, RR serves all types of users. Look at the Data Base.

For example, I supply six feeds: 4ea PS, 1ea Amateur, 1ea Rail.

I am planning an Aircraft feed.

If you would like to supply a feed for your area, we should be able to prove it as long as it is not an exact duplicate of an existing feed.

Hope this answers your question.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Same here...I'm a ham, although I don't have any ham streams. I do have 2 rail and air feeds because I find them interesting (1 still needs some antenna work). The remainder of my feeds are public safety. I stream what I enjoy listening to and look for similar streams outside my area.

On a side note...Rich, Thanks for always getting our streams quickly through the approval process and for all of your related work.

Tweekerbob

What was wrong with the What Do People Like to Listen to thread started almost a full week week before your rant? Although not a survey in its purest form; certainly a more appropriate arena for such banter, rather than opening a brand new thread. You started this one and then five hours later posted in the aforementioned thread? You don't see the correlation?

jekfireman, I see that you have in no way, contributed to this community. Therefore, I humbly request, that until you do so, you refrain from griping about the free services you receive from this fine group of individuals. The people who are contributing as feed providers, are free to broadcast whatever service the RR TOS allows them to. As far as other non-RR feeds go, the same goes for them, sans the RR TOS.

If you feel that your area is under-served in the agencies you want to listen to, I'll be the first to help you in establishing your own feed. But until then, why is it so wrong for us that donate so much, to listen to/broadcast what we want to?

p.s. I am a ham who doesn't broadcast ham repeaters. And what?

Last edited:

jekfireman

To k41hs,Rich & HVScan thanks for the comments taken in stride and answered my question: To Tweekerbob some day you might become a gentleman,there is no need to sarcastic,I only ask a question,and the aformention gentlemen answered in a pleasent way.

Status
Not open for further replies.