Live Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I see that we are up to 20 live feeds now very cool.I Will be adding a new PSR-600 to the farm next week I am thinking about doing a feed with it and the tags thing a stereo set up with a usb plug in for sound I am thinking a right feed and left feed I will check and see if I can do it. I would like one side to have tags and the other just be audio.

Last edited:

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
That was because of the close of IBN - with my feed and then several others we have had for several years.

we are gald to have you here as far as I can see that only added maybe 3 feeds, and I am very glad to see that they have been added, here.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
I see that we are up to 28 feeds for Washington State very cool. I did get the 600 but it just sits on the back burner alnog with my 500, there is not a lot of use for these scanners in Snohomish County yet so they just sit with my 96,163,164 and more, its fun to see how the new stuff works . I use my 97 for my scanner feed, when I am home still use my PRO-2051 for stuff on my end.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Just a thought on my end but how about some back ground on the feed providers part.
My name is Ken and my feed is the Snohomish County North End feed I have been into the radio thing from about the time I was born short wave back in the 60's from Japan, to CB'S in the 70'S talking skip from Puerto Rico to the whole world CQ CQDX you got the 61W486 South East Puerto Rico how about skip land USA come on, my Dad was in the Navy I was 17 before I knew that everyone did not move every three years, so the radio thing has been a part of me my whole life it was a way to see what was going on back in the States, so how about a QSL here. you got the 61W486, come on.

Last edited:

cr8onc

I'm thankful for the Okanogan County live feed... since my simple and cheap garage sale scanner with short stock antenna can't pick up as much now that I moved into a valley that blocks a lot of signal.

thinder

Feed Provider
We still have a few un represented counties east of the bump. Maybe we'll be up to 60 soon!! Im happy about the Chelan Co. feed. I can tell if my family members are getting into trouble ha ha....

FreeOperator

Premium Subscriber
In keeping with Ken's request, my name is Matthew.

I'm a former MP whose last assignment was at Lewis. I had the greatest fortune of always been placed into law enforcement assignments, so I got to drive real fast and chase bad guys all day.

I don't have a feed up, mostly because the area I just moved to (Thurston County) is pretty well covered, though I think it would be easier to have one feed on here that covered all the medic/fire calls and then a second feed for all the LE comms. The fact is the area is getting bigger, and the call volume is still sporadic, but the current feed is starting to get that "crowded" feeling at select times.

I'd actually like to find a way to broadcast a feed of east Pierce County LE for folks (Roy, Eatonville, Orting, PCSO Mountain, maybe the Park Rangers) from my locale, but my research is telling me I may have to invest a bit to make this happen.

As far as my experience with radios, other than using them for work, I'm a novice, but trying to learn. My first project is going to be installing a BCD 996XT into my truck, but I'm pretty clueless, and I can't seem to find any shop in the area that actually does this sort of thing.

That's almost everything that is applicable.

I just set up a live feed now for Douglas County and also added a WA State Patrol frequency of Chelan/Douglas counties...everything seems to be working fine..But..how do I stop it playing through the speakers of my PC (Not that I dont mind listening to it, but I want my listeners to still hear it) without interfering with the connection..and I noticed on my iPhone app (5-0 Radio that picks up these feeds from Radio Reference..I noticed that it plays it back a little late than my actual scanner does..? lol Thought that was strange..

I got this iPhone app that picks up feeds from this place and it's pretty dope..I never saw my county listed so I figure..not one else won't do it..so I will! Glad I did..

Status
Not open for further replies.